Skip to content

Multiplayer problem between MacOSX and Windows 10 with Version 2.2.66.0

thedude67thedude67 Member Posts: 3
I am playing without mods, all my drivers are up to date, and my game is up to date and the same version as my brother's.

When he creates a game with a password I can see the game, and sometimes join it, but I cannot interact with it at all, and he cannot see me in character arbitration nor can he see any messages I post in the multiplayer chat window.

He is running MacOSX El Capitan, and I am running Windows 10. We are on the same network. We also tried direct connect where he found his wireless IP address in network settings and I typed it into the direct connect window.

I also tried to create a game and have him join, but he could not even see my game in the list of multiplayer games after refreshing several times. I made this one a local network game.

He set his game to listen for join requests and did not make it a local network game

Basically, we would like to get this multiplayer game going, but are having some difficulty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thedude67thedude67 Member Posts: 3
    We seem to have successfully started a game together. We did not make it local and did not make it password protected. Appears to be working with those settings, but it is rather disturbing that we cannot make a local game or a password protected game.
  • thedude67thedude67 Member Posts: 3
    We have had significant issues since my last comment. The game consistently drops me every time my brother saves the game. Is this a known issue? What's up with all these multiplayer issues?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    This might help. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52986/work-around-2-1-multiplayer-crashes-when-saving-or-quick-saving

From Gate70:

It appears multiplayer does not like the "None" script. While we look at fixing this please try the workaround;
    - If playing in English, set all character scripts to another value (and disable AI if required)
    - If playing in another language, start in English. Change AI to another value. Save, restart in preferred language.
    -