Skip to content

Quests are one-sided and devoid of options

red_codecred_codec Member Posts: 44
Gotta say many of the quests in SOD seem to only have the availability to end in one direction. This is not good. In the other bg1 and bg2 quests are expansive and open ended, allowing you to explore many different possibilities and endings. I hope beamdog can deliver the latter, even add patches for that. For example, the quest with disbanding the thieves guild in the coalition camp, I went to the north end of the camp to meet with Waizahb's contact and I picked the dialogue option to "join the thieves" and the npc replied "when they heard the hero of baldur's gate wanted to meet, i knew our days are numbered". I had to lol at that because I actually genuinely wanted to join and aid the thieves for a bit of harmless profit on the side behind general stonehand's back. Its immersion breaking when quests are so one-sided in the game.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    So many different options to resolve the Bridgefort quest, there is nothing in BG1 or BG2 that comes close.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, there's been a lot of selective memory around these forums since March 31st :)

Just off the top of my head: Coldhearth, Bridgefort, Ogre camp, Underground River poison, mad/blind priestess of Bhaal, crusaders captured by Cyric worshipers, vampire hunters, thieves who stole your gold in Baldur's Gate, shadow druid, and the final confrontation with Caelar.

I'm sure there's quite a few more.
  • longjo83longjo83 Member Posts: 14
    I also think SoD has more options per quest than BG1 or BG2. In fact, I would almost complain about it because I want to see all combinations. The final chapter actually held me accountable for little things I did early on and I was not happy. Now I have to replay for years to get on par with my BG1 and 2 knowledge. Frustrating actually.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Well, neither of original Baldur's Gate gave you any influence over final boss fight. SoD does it.
  • jfutraljfutral Member Posts: 2
    I can only imagine it feels this way since the sequel already exists and there is certain predetermined way this should end.

Or not.

I really felt forced along with both Throne of Bhaal and Icewind Dale. I don't even play through Throne of Bhaal anymore, even with the cooler weapons.

Joe
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    lolwut

What did you do, that you felt like quests pigeonholed you? All the main quests have multiple paths to completion.