Skip to content

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil on console

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
I have played this game on and off since it came out. Through the excitement of the launch, to the disappointment in the broken loot system and auction house, to the revival with Reaper of Souls and it's patches, to becoming disillusioned again with Blizzard implementing their cross-game promotional nonsense into the Seasons.

Then I discovered the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4, and holy hell if THIS isn't the version of the game I wanted all along. Though it may seem crazy to say so, the game plays infinitely better on a controller. It's rendered in bright, beautiful graphics on your living room TV. It's patched with everything but the season element on a regular basis. And most importantly, if you just enjoy playing solo, and don't care about competition except with yourself, or if you want to sit down, drink a beer and kill some demons with a friend on the couch. What the console version does is makes Diablo 3 one of the best, most involved arcade games I've ever played, and absolute blast in a way even the much improved over-time PC version fails to capture.

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I play it with my wife all the time. We never use our PC version anymore.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Even though I own Diablo III on PC I have intended, once I can set the money aside, to get a PS4 and pick up Ultimate Evil.

I don't really mind owning some games on two platforms, esp. when one or both platforms have advantages over the other.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @BelleSorciere After you play the console version you'll probably never play the PC version again. And after you link your Blizzard and PSN or Live accounts you get all your existing characters and equipment :)
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Well, cool that the characters transfer across.

IDK that I'll never play the PC version again, but eh.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I actually didn't even bother transferring, as I wanted to play from scratch. I WOULD advise against public games, as there are apparently situations where people have duped items and can level you hundreds of paragon points instantly. But if anyone here would like to, I could always use more PSN friends (as I essentially have none lol).