Skip to content

My friend is making a total conversion for BG2:EE

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
My good friend @Millerguy74 is making a total conversion for BG2:EE. Sadly he lost his password and the email his account was connected to. So i wanted to announce his project for him. He is calling it BG3... and he needs ideas for a plot on it he has a basic idea to keep it in the sword coast but he has no idea what to do after that. So anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mf2112mashedtatersGrammarsaladbooinyoureyes
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2016
    BG3 should be about CHARNAME finding a glass coffin with Skie's body in it. Subsequently, CHARNAME goes on an epic quest involving dungeons and dragons in order to free the fair maiden from her false state of death. Upon completion of many epic quests Skie awakens and complains that her hair got mussed and she broke a nail but that she was going to go out and fight a epic level wizard despite CHARNAME's objections.

CHARNAME chases after Skie rescuing her from danger again and again until Skie finds the evil wizard and gets killed. A rousing adventure eh?
    JustLeft
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182

BG3 should be about CHARNAME finding a glass coffin with Skie's body in it. Subsequently, CHARNAME goes on an epic quest involving dungeons and dragons in order to free the fair maiden from her false state of death. Upon completion of many epic quests Skie awakens and complains that her hair got mussed and she broke a nail but that she was going to go out and fight a epic level wizard despite CHARNAME's objections.

CHARNAME chases after Skie rescuing her from danger again and again until Skie finds the evil wizard and gets killed. A rousing adventure eh?

I'll be sure to tell him that one!
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182

Why do all the legwork of making a new game? Go get an existing game - an old gold box SSI game, maybe - and convert that. It would cut the work in half, and everyone would cheer it as a masterpiece.

That could work
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Could you clarify? Is he using the BG2:EE engine?

Hey, that sounds great! I definitely agree that making a total conversion would be a ton easier. It would probably also be much less criticized, and much more acclaimed and appreciated. People have their own special expectations of bg3, so tread carefully. I personally would love it, whatever it is.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2016
    I mean no offence, but judging from some of his posts, your friend @Millerguy74 doesn't seem to have experience in modding infinity engine games. So I would recommend starting with something small first, like a single item. After that he can try his hand at something like a single NPC maybe or a single quest. Only once he able to do that, he should consider large projects like total conversions.
    Post edited by Erg on
    elminstermlneveseGrammarsaladAquadrizzt
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Erg said:

large projects like total conversions.

That's putting it mildly. :)

Regarding lost emails and passwords, that's a bit of a bind; have your friend register a new account and then send me a PM; we'll see what we can do.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112mlnevese
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    If your friend is still motivated, I'd love to see these games emulated in the infinity engine:

https://www.gog.com/game/dungeons_dragons_krynn_series