Skip to content

Making a PC of a race not in the game.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
I want to make my Kitsune character in a Black Pits run but there isn't a Kitsune race of course. Should I just make a half-elf and say that the Kitsune is in their human form? I'd appreciate any advice and thank you in advance.

Kitsune race here:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune

D&D equivalent is the Hengeyokai.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The closest thing to a hengeyoukai/kitzune to my knowledge would be the Rakshasa animation. Not counting a possible fox animal animation of course. They're really not what I'd call elven-y enough for the half-elf animation.
    Vallmyrmf2112semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    OH YEAH
    I can EEkeeper models, I forgot about that!

Thanks! n_n
    Nonnahswriter
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Probably the best racial class in BG would either be a gnome or halfling due to the height and racial stats of a kitsune - then using keeper to adjust appropriately.

With Keeper you can also add a shape change form in a wolf for the shapechange ability that a kitsune has; you might even give the kitsune a variety of wolf shapes from regular to dire and or a werewolf form as its change shape + spell like ability combined (once/day for special shapes but 5/day for a regular wolf shape)

spell like abilities are also easy to add - although the actually spell to choose might be hard to pick -as there is nothing like that in BG - so it might be best to ignore this or perhaps give the infravision spell for the kit. or you can add other unique abilities like strength of one as a kitsune is a fey like being - spell like abilities that can be used once/day

saving throws against enchantment - harder to implement without checking values for just enchantments - but doable if you know what you are doing with keeper (you might want to check the shaman first level spell for this as this spell gives bonus only to enchantments) or you can ignore this part or even use the halfling/gnome saving throws for this as a kitsune is not very tall - under 5' in general.

stats: +2 to dex (max 20 min 14); +2 to CHA (minimum 12 max 19); -2 STR (max 16) = actually start with a halfling/gnome character and then use keeper to model it into a kitsune is probably the best for a kitsune PC. - adjust using keeper

if your kitsune is a thief give a +5 - 10% to stealth -- add racial abilities to thief bonuses - these should be different from a gnome/halfling bonuses slightly - adjust using keeper.

If you decide on a mage/sorcerer - perhaps use gnome as a base instead.
    mf2112VallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It should be possible to gain a +2 bonus to saves vs. enchantment magic by assigning your character the Enchanter mage kit, even if the character is not using a spellcaster class.
    jackjackVallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Question, was messing with EEKeeper looking for a good model to use but I can't seem to find the Rakshasa with the scimitar model. Is it not in EEkeeper in BG1 or?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2016
    Rakshasa animation seems to only display the scimitar when a type of sword is equipped.
    VallmyrDJKajuru