Skip to content

Reality Check - Expectations vs. what the game delivers

2»

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    lunar said:

Also I expect bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.

Most likely you will find some bugs, but not lots of them :smiley:

I was expecting (well, actually hoping for), a relatively bug-free experience like IWD:EE was.

You will notice that SOD is exactly as IWDEE - a relatively bug-free experience. Beamdog put a lot of time and energies on this expansion - it is a solid and stable game and I really appreciate that. Enough with rushed games!
    WillyML4lunarEnialusMeliamneBelgarathMTH
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Kaisc006 said:

Insane difficulty with the option for no increased damage is very fun. Every fight requires a tactical approach and saps on your resources without opponents feeling cheesy by dealing excess damage / being unhittable. Are these Ai improvements only in SoD or so they change all the games with 2.0? That would be incredible if they do because literally every fight feels fresh

Even on core the fights seem more intelligent.
    Buttercheese
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    wubble said:

Kaisc006 said:

Insane difficulty with the option for no increased damage is very fun. Every fight requires a tactical approach and saps on your resources without opponents feeling cheesy by dealing excess damage / being unhittable. Are these Ai improvements only in SoD or so they change all the games with 2.0? That would be incredible if they do because literally every fight feels fresh

Even on core the fights seem more intelligent.
    Save a few that seem like they're just meant to be entirely asinine for a party of the level you reach the encounter at, I tend to agree.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    So which fights are assinine? And what difficulty are you playing them on?
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    MERLANCE said:

I have medium high expectations if only for the return of David Warner. Irenicus is one of the best voiced antagonists of all time.

About halfway through SoD. Its nice to hear his voice, but the elocution is a bit different. A little disappointing, hes missing that matter of fact, I'm-better-than-you edge.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    I quite liked the "hooded figures" lines, although his name keeps making me think of Welcome to Nightvale. I shall now imagine all hooded figures with David Warners voice.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2016
    Insultion said:

I've expected a good voiceover and more than satisfied. Just spent 15 minutes clicking over voices of CHARNAME. One of my favorites so far is the remark of Female (Scholarly): YOUR DOOM APPROACHES!

I just want my HOW Male 1 but have not the means to bring it to bg
    @Insultion
    See my awesome soundset mods and you can have all the iwd voicesets. Volume 2 has you covered for BGEE1 and 2. Currently not working with SOD yet or so I'm told I haven't bought it yet.
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2016
    Currently (since i have yet to buy it because my Emachines can no longer run BG:EE well) i am thoroughly excited for it
    Post edited by Xeroshi on
    Aerakar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2016
    MERLANCE said:

MERLANCE said:

I have medium high expectations if only for the return of David Warner. Irenicus is one of the best voiced antagonists of all time.

About halfway through SoD. Its nice to hear his voice, but the elocution is a bit different. A little disappointing, hes missing that matter of fact, I'm-better-than-you edge.
    In reality, the voice actor has aged so his voice is a bit different. But in game, he is in disguise of a decrepit, old, hunch-backed ugly hooded man so it fits. Like the evil queen turned into an old crone in Snowwhite. You can't expect the two have the exact same voice. Similiar, but different. It actually made the game more immersive for me. I knew he was WHO the moment I heard him, yet it was different, so it can fool anyone who has not heard his 'real' voice in bg2.
    Nonnahswriter
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Expected : Kivan.
    Reality : Corwin.

Not disappointed one bit. She's a ranger. She wants to range.
    Dorcus