Skip to content

No Baldur.ini File

Hi, this is my first time with the EE, and I am trying to enable the cheats/console as I have done what feels like dozens of times with the regular game. I googled the problem, looking at a few different sites (including the forums here). They all say "edit your baldur.ini file", which makes sense, that's what you do in the regular version. Only... there is no such file. I've looked in the Documents/BGEE folder as well as in the main install folder. I've checked to make sure it's not a hidden file. I even messed around with game settings in order to see if it would create the file. No luck. Lastly I tried creating the file myself, with just the 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', line. No luck again. Can anyone help with this? I really would like to be able to use the console to explore the game a bit before starting a real playthrough, and I've gotten so used to using Ctrl-J to get around large areas quickly I don't know if I can go back.

My version of the game comes from GOG.com and I installed through their Galaxy client. My next step if I can't find any answers is to download and install the game manually.

Thanks!

Comments

• erroniuserronius Member Posts: 28
    Thanks very much for the help!
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • FemShepFemShep Member Posts: 22
    I have added the line, but I couldn't open the console by pressing CTRL-TAB.
    Has it been changed, as well?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    FemShep said:

I have added the line, but I couldn't open the console by pressing CTRL-TAB.
    Has it been changed, as well?

Ctl and space bar.
    FemShepJuliusBorisovjackjackSirBaldur
  • sxksxk Member Posts: 1
    A big thank you to the posters on this thread - I was trapped in The Pit after killing the Unseeing Eye and thought I would lose many hours of gameplay but have just done the above and used ctrl J.