Skip to content

Your favorite wild surge stories

2»

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the only time I had a wild surge really affect me in a game changing way was the very VERY first time I ever used neera, waaaaaay back in the day when EE first came out

so here I was with me and maybe imoen at most, and here is this mage named neera, so im like; oh yeah, lets pick her up and see what she is like, so then of coarse there is that little scuffle that happens as soon as you do, and the very first spell she uses? wild surge: gate

and I think; um, what the hell? and then she was like; oops, sorry, and I was like; bitch pleeeeeeeeease, we are level 1 with virtually no gear and you just "oops a daisy" gate in a lord of the neither pits right now? say what?

so the moral of the story is; that is why I never play no-reload runs, because RNG is my natural enemy, and unfortunately some days we just aren't good chums with each other
    RavenslightNonnahswriter
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Jarrakul said:

/batnerd

Nananananananana... Nananananananana... BATNERD! :tongue:

But surely it FEELS something when it just go slapped by a wild magic surge. Bats aren't known for innately casting arcane spells, so surely it felt something weird going on.
    GrumArtonasarevok57Nonnahswriter
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @lunar You must have set a new world record...
    lunarJuliusBorisov
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @Jarrakul - that's... surprisingly insightful. Guess you're right. ;)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Someone should cast Simulacrum and get an Area effect roll while battling a formidable foe, say, Demogrogon and his infernal hosts? (No true sight left for party to cast!)
    JuliusBorisovmlneveseSkatan