Skip to content

Problem with cheat console

So, I was playing IWD:EE just now, and I had enabled the cheat console. But when CTRL+SPACE is pressed, the console shows up, yet unclickable. I can click inside of it, click around it, and for lack of a better phrase, it sucks.

I'm on Android, and yet I have a BT Keyboard, that works when i play BGII:EE. For some reason, the game forcecloses the keyboard.

Just remembered, I can't even chat with the keyboard, let alone with my software keyboard (standard one)

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    The box at the top has some predefined commands but the box at the bottom of the screen should be available to type commands into.
    JuliusBorisov
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    @mf2112 I can't select the bottom box, nor the top. I can open the bottom one, but I can't type in either field.
    Xzanah said:

@mf2112 I can't select the bottom box, nor the top. I can open the bottom one, but I can't type in either field.

I just caught that you were on Android but using the keyboard. Hmm, first time I have seen someone trying that. If you can't type in the bottom window maybe you could edit the Baldur.lua file and have those commands entered already and just try the up or down arrow in the bottom window to select? Let me get back home to the computer in a bit and paste the format from my file.
    @mf2112 I tried that, too :(

mf2112
    Doing some searching here, maybe try Ctl-Enter to bring up a console window on the bottom to use.
    mf2112 said:

Doing some searching here, maybe try Ctl-Enter to bring up a console window on the bottom to use.

That, again, is not my problem. I can pull it up, but I cannot type anything in. I tap the window, and my keyboard appears for 2 seconds, but disappears, almost as though the game is forcing the keyboard to close.
    Sorry, I was hoping the window would be different in some fashion. Unfortunately there isn't a graphics option for less than full screen in the Android version. Are you able to copy and then paste into the window with a long press maybe after the keyboard has closed? Does it matter if you disable the Scale UI option?
    @mf2112 disabling and enabling the scaling option doesn't work, and nor would copy/paste cause when I click on the box, I can't even type. The line that normally indicates a selected text field doesn't show, and nor does anything I type. If I click the box, and type in anything, for example,

C:CreateItem("plat01")

When I get to the "R" key, it takes me to the character records screen. This is because 1) the R key is the hotkey for character Record, and 2) the text field is DEselected everytime I select it.
    Do the other cheat keys work such as Ctl-t to pass one hour, or Ctl-J to teleport a char to where the cursor is?
    JuliusBorisov
    @mf2112 yes, as do the CTRL+# shortcuts
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Maybe this is just a limitation/bug of the Android version.

You could file a report on Redmine, and hope it gets fixed with the next patch.
    JuliusBorisov
    ineth said:

Maybe this is just a limitation/bug of the Android version.

You could file a report on Redmine, and hope it gets fixed with the next patch.

Thanks, just reported it. Thanks for your time.