Skip to content

Your UI setup?

JebbleJebble Member Posts: 27
Hey everybody.

In patch 2.0 we got the ability to easily change the UI. This should lead to some experimentation with other UI layouts than the standard one. Have any of you got any great setups that you use, think is great and want to share with the rest of us?

Personally I only played around with it a little bit, and never came to some better setup.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    Jebble said:

Hey everybody.

In patch 2.0 we got the ability to easily change the UI. This should lead to some experimentation with other UI layouts than the standard one. Have any of you got any great setups that you use, think is great and want to share with the rest of us?

Personally I only played around with it a little bit, and never came to some better setup.

I played around with it quite a bit when 2.0 was in beta and made some new character sheets I really liked, but I got really busy at work and couldn't keep it up. Now I am using Pecca's widescreen mod but re-enabling the quicksave and adding the Reveal Details button in thanks to AncientCowboy.
    Mr2150JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Adulmf2112
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2016
    I would think there is a ton of issues with a weidui. Not insurmountable but a ton of work as weidu was and still is.

A modder can pretty much totally rearrange ui.menu adding or removing hundreds of lines of code (slight hyperbole). Also things can be affected from multiple areas. By that I mean say you want to add a button, there may be four separate areas of the code you have to change something with, it's not all contained in one area.

I can't imagine any automated thing being able to reconcile the potential differences that can occur. Let me know if I'm wrong but I think without some sort of enforced coding standard I don't see it happening.

Something would have to be made where you create a different coding language (weidui) that affects the source files (ui.menu + other files) because otherwise replacing the files coding overwrites any changes and coding changes directly to ui.menu can be too complex.
    Adul
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    Jebble said:

Hey everybody.

dis em mine UI setups

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59789/mod-swankified-hud-v1-0-sod-gui-overhaul#latest