Skip to content

Enable "StrrefOn()" without cheats?

I was wondering if I can enable the string reference view cheat without the console, cause I have a few reasons that make it kind of hard to use. First, I'm on mobile, and second, my bluetooth keyboard went missing. Third of all, its kind of annoying to have to enable it *every time* I restart the app.

Is there any way to edit the ini file to do this? Thanks to all who help or provide hints, and for those who use their time to solve this.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Use the following in your Baldur.lua file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options', 'Strref On', 1)
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2016
    Troodon80 said:

Use the following in your Baldur.lua file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options', 'Strref On', 1)

Where is the lua file on mobile? There were a couple lines in my ini about previously used cheats, so im guessing thats what u mean?

EDIT: Got it working. Just pasted the code with a different format into my ini. Thanks, @Troodon80!
    For anyone who wants to know, just copy and paste the following code in your baldur.ini file with wordpad on windows, or ES file explorer on android...

'Program Options', 'Strref On', '1',
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Ah, yes, quite right. You'll want the INI file. You should see something like this:

INSERT INTO options ROWS ( 'Fonts', 'ko_KR', 'NANUM', 'Fonts', 'zh_CN', 'SIMSUN', 'Fonts', 'ja_JP', 'MSGOTHIC', 'Fonts', 'ru_RU', 'PTSERIF', 'Fonts', 'uk_UA', 'PERMIAN',
    Add the following line:
    'Program Options', 'Strref On', '1',
    You didn't specify what mobile device (Android or iOS), but here are a couple places for the games:
    • sdcard/Andriod/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files
    • sdcard/Andriod/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files