Skip to content

[Mod] Warsling Sniper Kit for Fighters

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited July 2015 in BG:EE Mods
I've had this small, simple kit lying around for years, and I've just gotten around to updating it to work with the EEs.

This is basically a fighter variant of the Archer kit, but for slings. Also, they have a passive ricochet ability that lets them hit up to two enemies at once at higher levels. The idea comes from the 3rd edition Races of Faerun rulebook.
The sling is a difficult weapon to master, but in the hands of a warsling sniper it becomes a precise tool of war. Although slings are commonly associated with and used by the hin, experts of the weapon may indeed come from any race.

Advantages:

- +1 bonus to hit and damage with missile weapons at first level and every 4 levels afterward
- At 10th level he gains the Improved Ricochet passive ability which allows all fired missiles to bounce off their primary target and hit one additional nearby foe

Disadvantages:

- May not specialize in any weapon other than the sling
- May not wear armor greater than studded leather
- Hit Die: d8
Download link: DOWNLOAD from SHS
Post edited by Adul on
ronaldoGrammarsaladAbelJuliusBorisovlolienNoobaccaSmilingSwordIchigoRXCsmeagolheartSkatanStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I've uploaded version 2.1, which fixes a bug that caused Improved Ricochet not to work. Also increased the ricochet bullet's damage (slightly) to account for sling weapon mastery.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • BaneBoneDustBaneBoneDust Member Posts: 6
    is the ricochet get improved with levels?
    @BaneBoneDust The ability pretty much stays the same, though the ricochet damage is improved by 1 for every 4 levels to simulate the missile weapon bonus the sniper gets.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Hello :)
    I would like to translate this mod, but the tra files are not available. Can you please consider the chance to add them? Thanks :)
    @Aedan I'll be honest, I'm not too keen on how that works anymore. It's been a long time since I used weidu. But if you add the tra files I'll be happy to release it as an update.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Link seems to be dead
    Adul
    @smeagolheart It works for me now. Maybe it was temporary?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2016
    Adul said:

@Aedan I'll be honest, I'm not too keen on how that works anymore. It's been a long time since I used weidu. But if you add the tra files I'll be happy to release it as an update.

Ciao!
    I am really really busy, so I cannot take care of this, but here you can read a very short and simple guide about this topic: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28294.0.html
  • BracchusBracchus Member Posts: 41
    I ran into a weird glitch in the character creation screen. It allowed me to create this kit, but once the game started it reverted me back into an unkitted fighter. I was able to fix it with EEKeeper in case anyone else runs into this. I have several other mods installed so it's possible the problem was just in my game.

Fun kit though, I really enjoyed playing ranged classes so this gives me another one to play with after already finishing Archers and throwing Kensai runs