Skip to content

General Topic for Items Ideas?

Hi,
I've had this idea for a while and decided to finally act on it.

On one hand, there's content mods out there with completely uninteresting items either because of their overbearing strength or total lack of interest.

On the other hand, there's (hopefully many) people out there who aren't modders but have great ideas though not many each for interesting items. Why not make a thread where you can share your items ideas so they can hopefully be incorporated into mods by better ways than shops with tons of magic items?

Here's an example, I think it'd still be overpowered but would bring an interesting item to the table:

I think first that the Robe of Vecna should be nerfed to a reduced casting time of 2, and then we could introduce an item with the following effects :

-4 casting time(-6 if Robe of Vecna not nerfed)
5 ca
Wearer can't be affected by protection spells

I think such an item would make the wearer an interesting mage.

I've been thinking about other robes with powerful and new effects but trade off, maybe a robe that grants permanent improved alacrity but slower casting time? though it would bring nothing for a huge range of spells.

Well anyway, I hope other people can bring their own ideas to help bring better items to mods because I would be surprised to be the only one to have thought of cool item ideas.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Improved Alacrity is very hard to balance. Mages in particular benefit, because their spells are so much faster than priest spells. I'd say constant effect IA would be fairly balanced (useful but not reductive) if you had a total casting speed penalty of 3 or 4 for mages, or a casting penalty of 0 or 1 for a cleric or druid.

One of the big problems with balancing items and spells is that they're optional. Is your item's disadvantage hurting you? Take it off. Now you're just as strong as you'd be without it. Unless the item is cursed, it's never a net drawback, because you can always unequip it. At worst, it takes up inventory space. At best, it wins the game for you.

That's why I developed an interest in kits. The drawbacks and bonuses are both permanent and impossible to remove.

That said... I like on-hit effects and area-effect weapons like flashers. An arrow that fires a bouncing lightning bolt and has a chance of stunning all targets would be cool.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Well, armors aren't optional so I thought it'd be interesting to use robes or armors for these drawbacks items.

I would have put the casting time penalty for improved alacrity at 2 but it would have to be set to +2 and not stackable with say the amulet of power.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2015
    This is not a new item idea, but something that currently bothers me about Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale:

I hate how clubs, maces, and morning stars all have the same weapon animation in combat in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. All 3 weapons are depicted as a mace on the field screen/battle screen.

Is there any way to make a club or morning star actually look like a club and morning star (respectively) on the battle screen???

Since the original Baldur's Gate artwork was somehow lost by BioWare, I don't know if this is an easy fix or a hard fix, as new weapon sprites would probably have to be created somehow.

But I did notice that in Planescape Torment (also an Infinity Engine game) there is already a morning star sprite that is used for all blunt weapons on the battle screen (clubs, maces, and morning stars are all represented as a morning star in battle in Planescape Torment, and all clubs, maces, and morning stars are represented as a mace in battle in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale).

Maybe the morning star sprite from Planescape Torment could be used for Morning Stars in Baldur's Gate???

Of course that still leaves the club sprite. As far as I can tell, none of the 5 Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, or Planescape Torment) have a sprite for a club when in battle, so someone would have to create the club sprite from scratch.
    Post edited by roachtbp on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42

- clubs, 1-handed, light and quick
    - mace, 1-handed, heavy and slow
    - staff, 2-handed, light and quick
    - morning star, 2-handed, heavy and slow
    - axes, blunt + slashing, light and quick
    - flails, blunt + slashing, heavy and slow

I envision damage type differently for the weapons you mentioned:

Clubs, Staff, Mace - Blunt
    Morning Star, Flails - Blunt and Piercing
    Axe - Slashing

But anyway, I hope you get that 2-handed morning star animation, and I'd love to get a 1-handed morning star animation and a 1-handed club animation (not having these animations obviously does not affect gameplay at all, but it does bother me A LOT. I hate seeing a mace in combat when I have a club or morning star equipped. Guess my OCD is kicking in...haha).
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    ^shouldn't flails be blunt (the ball) + piercing (the spikes)?

i want:
    - short sword of backstabbing that works
    - daggers with offhand bonuses
    - robes for everyone
    - good cursed items
    - upgradable sword of chaos (like in ascension)
    - upgradable npc items (at least some of them - since now they're mostly junk with nice flavor)
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Could be hard (or impossible) to implement, but I'd really like to see Whips (along with the option to disarm [or "entangle" as it was called in the AD&D Arms and Equipment Guide] foes).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    bob_veng said:

daggers with offhand bonuses

YES!!

I may have mentioned it a few billion times before, but I'd love for the best off-hand in the game to be dagger... some combination of an APR boost and maybe an AC bump and/or a chance to disarm/otherwise weaken an enemy.

Also, bucklers... I'd like a buckler with a minimum Dex requirement that grants some cool offensive benefits.

Give me something to Swash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

abacus said:

bob_veng said:

daggers with offhand bonuses

YES!!

I may have mentioned it a few billion times before, but I'd love for the best off-hand in the game to be dagger... some combination of an APR boost and maybe an AC bump and/or a chance to disarm/otherwise weaken an enemy.
    My mod has a component that sets base APR to 1.5 when wielding daggers. I thought it also gave them an off-hand bonus, but I just checked and it doesn't... I'll add that in the next version. I'm thinking a +2 off-hand thac0 bonus, so that, if you dual-wield 2 daggers, you can have no thac0 penalties with only 2 points in the style, and if you spend 3 points you actually end up with a +2 thaco bonus for the off-hand dagger (simulating something like an attack of opportunity with the off-hand). Thus, a thief with 2 daggers and +++ in two-weapon style would have 2.5 APR and a +2 thac0 bonus for one of those attacks.

Combine that with the "dual-wielding penalties for heavy weapons" component in Item Revisions (which gives some minor off-hand thac0 penalties for big weapons like morning stars and bastard swords), and you finally get to a version of dual-wielding that works well.
    Sounds good :)

I've used Item Revisions before and I did like the anti-dual-flailing "Night Goblin Fanatic" feature.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited October 2015
    @subtledoctor IR's component already gives daggers a +1 thac0 to off hand (+2 if you wield two light weapons). It's not called "dual-wielding penalties for heavy weapons" but "Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons" for a reason. ;)

The current beta also has short sword use slashing type instead of piercing to give daggers a small thac0 advantage against armors. I didn't got much feedback on this though and I don't know if it will stay on the final release.

I also thought about giving them +1 backstab multiplier, but I don't like that you can stack 2 daggers and get +2 multiplier for both main hand and off hand.
    bob_veng said:

i want:
    - short sword of backstabbing that works
    - daggers with offhand bonuses
    - robes for everyone
    - good cursed items
    - upgradable sword of chaos (like in ascension)
    - upgradable npc items (at least some of them - since now they're mostly junk with nice flavor)

Let's see:
    - IR's SSoB gives +1 to backstab multiplier
    - see above
    - it has been suggested and I'm tempted to go for it, but it would require robes to also switch the wearer's avatar imo considering most classes don't have robe animations
    - I tried to make cursed items appealing by giving them valuable abilities alongside their negative effects (e.g. Berserking Sword makes the wielder go berserk but gives +1 apr and +2 thac0/dmg (+5 counting its +3 base enchantment!), Vampire's Revenge has a vampiric effect (more powerful than the one from vanilla's Sword of Chaos) but slowly drains the wielder's life, The Ring of Folly gives you increased casting speed but causes wild surges, etc.)
    - IR V4 will have it
    - IR improves most of NPC items to try making them more valuable. I do planned to make them upgradeable, but I fear my lack of modding time will never allow me to work on it. :(

P.S I do thought about using Improved Alacrity and reduced casting time together but balancing it would be hard. I admit I never thought about using it for a divine caster though, and that might work. Druid for example generally have spells with long casting times making them good candidates.

Post edited by Demivrgvs on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I had a lot of ideas for changing items. Here are some examples (note that my weapon ideas don't do random damage since I don't like random damage, but that's just me):

Flame Tongue

Damage: 7 (strikes as a +4 weapon), +2 fire versus regenerating creatures, +3 fire versus cold-based creatures, +4 fire versus undead. Note that if more than one label applies to a creature, that creature will take the combined damage of those labels.
    THAC0: +2
    Damage Type: Slashing

Varscona +2

On hit abilities:
    Whenever a creature with 20 current hit points or fewer is hit by this weapon, it is frozen solid.

Damage: 7+2, +2 cold, + an additional 2 cold at night

Rashad's Talon +2

On hit abilities:
    Whenever a living, non-ooze creature with 25 current hit points or fewer is hit by this weapon, it is killed by decapitation.

Damage: 7+2

Spectral Brand +5

Equipped abilities:
    Wielder is immune to all spells, arcane or divine, helpful or harmful, of 3rd level or lower.

Wielder is immune to level/ability drain.

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, wielder may gain a +20 bonus to THAC0.
    Duration: 5 rounds

Special:
    Whenever wielder kills an enemy with this weapon, its soul serves the wielder as a Spectral Blade for 5 rounds.

Damage: 7+5, +5 cold
    THAC0: +5

Celestial Fury

On hit abilities:
    Each hit causes all creatures within 30 feet of the target, excluding the wielder, to become deaf for 3 rounds.

Repeatable abilities:
    Wielder may deal 30 electric damage to a single creature once per day. That creature is blinded for 3 rounds.
    Range - Sight

Damage: 8+3, +3 electric
    THAC0: +3

Blade of Searing

On hit abilities:
    Each hit lowers target's fire resistance by 20% for 7 rounds.

Damage: 8+3, +2 fire

Lilarcor

Equipped abilities:
    Immunity to charm, domination and confusion

Aura of Bloodlust - Inspired by Lilarcor's ravings, the wielder and each creature within 20 feet of the wielder gain the following effects:
    +2 damage bonus
    +1 THAC0 bonus
    -3 Armor Class penalty

Damage: 9+3

Warblade +4

Equipped abilities:
    Strength, Dexterity and Constitution get +1
    Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma get -1

Damage: 10+4
    THAC0: +4

Gram the Sword of Grief +5

On hit abilities:
    Each hit causes the target to become poisoned, dealing 1 damage each second for 1 round.

Each hit causes the target to become diseased, dealing 1 damage each round for 1 turn.

Each hit causes the target to lose one level permanently.

Damage: 9+5

Carsomyr +5

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, wielder may gain 2% magic resistance for each point of reputation the party has.
    Duration - 5 rounds

On hit abilities:
    Each hit dispels all arcane combat protections of 8th level or lower on the target.

Damage: 7 (strikes as a +5 weapon), + an additional 5 versus chaotic creatures, + an addtional 10 versus evil creatures

Unholy Reaver +6

Equipped abilities:
    Wielder gains 63% magic resistance, minus 3% for every point of reputation the wielder has.

On hit abilities:
    Each hit dispels all beneficial spells of 6th level or lower on the target. This includes both arcane and divine spells.

Damage: 12+6, + an additional 9 versus good creatures
    THAC0: +6, + an additional 9 versus good creatures

Martial Staff +3

Equipped abilities:
    Strength +2

Special:
    All crushing damage dealt by wielder is increased by 50%.

Damage: 5+3
    Damage Type: Crushing

Cernd's Staff of the High Forest

Equipped abilities:
    Regenerate 2 hit points/second

Damage: 5+2

Hazardous Club of Detonation +5

Special:
    1-half additional attack per round

Equipped abilities:
    -20% fire resistance

On hit abilities:
    Each successful hit causes a fiery explosion, dealing 15 fire damage to the target and all creatures within 30 feet of the target (most likely including the wielder).

Each successful hit has a 5% chance of dealing an additional 6 fire damage.

Damage: 4+5, +3 fire

Harnessed Club of Detonation +5

Special:

Equipped abilities:
    +20% fire resistance

On hit abilities:
    Each successful hit has a 5% chance of causing a fiery explosion, dealing 15 fire damage to the target and all creatures within 30 feet of the target (most likely including the wielder).

Damage: 4+5, +9 fire

Storm Star +5

Equipped abilities:
    +127% electricity resistance

On hit abilities:
    Each hit creates a Chain Lightning effect, dealing 6 damage to all creatures within 15 feet of the target, excluding the wielder.

Damage: 6+5, +3 electricity damage

Frostreaver +3

On hit abilities:
    Each hit lowers the target's resistance to cold and acid by 15% for 6 rounds.

Damage: 8+3, +1 cold, +1 acid

Spear of Kuldahar

Equipped abilities:
    +30 maximum HP

On hit abilities:
    Each successful hit heals wielder by 2% of his/her maximum HP.

Damage: 5+3
    Damage Type: Piercing

Backbiter +40

On hit abilities:
    For every successful attack the wielder makes with this weapon, he/she takes 40 damage.

Damage: 5+40
    THAC0: +40

Duskblade +2

On hit abilities:
    Each successful hit lowers target's Strength by 2 for 4 rounds. This effect stacks and has no effect on undead, constructs or extraplanar creatures.

Damage: 9+2, +2 cold
    Damage Type: Slashing/Piercing

Unfortunately, a lot of my weapon ideas are powerful enough that you'd have to make the enemies tougher to compensate. I'm also not a modder, so I'm not sure if all the effects can be done.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @OlvynChuru: Some are doable. Others are very exploitable. Almost all are very interesting.

Varscona would be possible if you made it deal 30 cold damage per hit and heal 30 HP right afterward, which would freeze any enemy with 20 HP or less, but it would actually heal any critter with resistance to cold damage. You'd have to set the "Dice size/Minimum level" field for the cold damage to -1, or else it could be used to heal characters that were resistant to cold. There may be unintended side effects to this, however.

Rashad's Talon can be done with the same method, though you'd have to tweak the effects to not affect undead and such.

Spectral Brand could be done, although it would require a weird workaround. You'd have to apply a contingency effect to the target that triggers on 10% HP, killing the target and conjuring a simulacrum which you would have to take control of. But it would be difficult to manage and there would be strange side effects. For one thing, you'd have to edit all of the MINHP1-type items to prevent it from happening to plot-immortal characters and Trolls and such. Also, the simulacrum wouldn't be under your control at first.

Blade of Searing would turn into a powerful debuffing tool if it could lower fire resistance. Notably, you could combine it with the scorcher loop. Frostreaver would have the same potential for exploitation, although it wouldn't work with the scorcher loop.

Carsomyr and Unholy Reaver couldn't grant reputation-based magic resistance without some weird invisible critter summoning or scripting of some sort, which opens up the potential for weird side effects.

You could rig the Unholy Reaver to dispel only beneficial spells, if you're using EE. There's a special opcode that dispels effects by their source. You'd just have to create a separate effect for every beneficial spell below 7th level. Time-consuming, but functional.

The Martial Staff update wouldn't work, I'm afraid. I just tested opcodes 73 and 285 and neither can increase physical damage by a percentage.

All of the others would be doable. I'm particularly interested in that Backbiter tweak. Note that you'd need to tweak the damage on self to bypass Stoneskin and resistances, or else it would be terribly unbalanced for Fighter/Mages and the like.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited October 2015
    What we really need are some items out there with advantages and disadvantages, like that one magical Halberd in Baldur's Gate 1 which delivers nice chunks of extra damage but allows you only one attack per round and has a high Strength requirement.

Talking mainly from the perspective of playing Baldur's Gate 1, having 'cursed items' with extremely restrictive downsides to put it kindly make them unattractive to ever use as a legitimate weapon and aren't worth the bother to most, cus they either deal damage to your character like the Backbiter Spear or they kill your party members like that Berserk Sword. Something like those Kazgaroth items you can get in High Hedge are a much better option, cus their downsides aren't so restrictive they would stop you from using them for the positive trade offs.

I mean think about, when there are options out there like a +2 Two Handed Sword like Spidersbane that has a nice special ability when equipped (with no downsides), is it really worth the bother for a meager upgrade to a +3 Two Handed Sword that's cursed and is an absolute chore to use and not get your party killed? The problem with the cursed items is that some weapon options suffer cus the devs actually thought you'd be okay with having a +3 Spear if it was cursed with a very restrictive disadvantage. Most other weapon types in the game get a +2 option somewhere that isn't cursed or magical ammunition for ranged weapons, and a Spear doesn't exactly do the kind of damage a Halberd does or any of the other two handed options. Spears are plain underpowered in the first Baldur's Gate for any class that isn't a Druid, and even then Quarterstaves have multiple +2 options or better to begin with, or several options for magical clubs that you could use a shield with or dual wield. I mean yeah you can go with Spears and do okay with them, but every other option in the game is better even the one handed weapons with Single Weapon Style.

I can understand some weapons being more prime options based on being a Figher or Archer type, or what equipment happens to be obtainable in that game. But on top of some weapons just needing a decent option for someone specializing in using that weapon, it'd be nice to have more than one reasonable option for the weapons in the mid and late game. Meaning different weapons with some unique advantages and disadvantages that make for more interesting equipment decisions, instead of a number of additional options being +1 with an additional +3 against certain kinds of enemies you don't encounter much.

From what I've seen in some of the mods out there, they just seem to offer expensive almost overpowering equipment options in shops that should you get the money for the things you'd want, your party will have the ability to roll on against just about anything the game throws at you. At the very least, it would be nice if your party earned unique equipment before having access to it, like how you have to kill an Ankheg first to have yourself a suit of Ankheg plate mail crafted. Additional unique options for weapons would allow certain non-warrior classes even a legitimate case to use certain options that a warrior type may not benefit as much from. Like that one Halberd I mentioned at the start of the post, a Bard would be really well off using that and one point in Two Handed Style, cus they can't achieve specialization in that weapon for extra attacks so the downside doesn't effect them. A warrior class on the other hand might go for a different Halberd or different two handed weapon where they get those extra attacks each round. Something like that which offers options but doesn't bend the balance too much.
    Here are some ideas I had for new items:

Full Plate Mail of Missile Attraction + 5

Armor Class: -4 (-8 vs slashing, -7 vs piercing, 15 vs missile)
    Weight: 40

Immobile Armor +14

Armor Class: -11 (-14 vs slashing)
    Weight: 1600

Shadow Dragon Scale Armor [In other words, not black dragon scale armor in disguise]

Equipped abilities:
    Aura of Weakness - The wearer and all creatures within 20 feet of the wearer get -3 to Strength and Constitution.

Armor Class: 0 (-2 vs slashing, 2 vs crushing)

Emberime Cloak

Equipped abilities:
    Fireshield (red) and Fireshield (blue)

-100% resistance to acid and electricity

Gauntlets of Fiery Hair

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, the wearer may point at a creature to turn it into a fire giant for 1 turn. The creature has 22 Strength, 20 Constitution, 100% fire resistance, and is forced to fight unarmed for 8 crushing damage (plus strength bonus). This fist weapon is lethal and counts as a nonmagical weapon. Any small creature that this ability is used on takes 45 crushing damage due to the violent abrupt shift in anatomy. Any medium-sized creature takes 30 damage.

Olranden's Bone-Shattering Bow [Longbow]

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, for 9 seconds, wielder can increase this bow's damage by 6 and cause it to knock enemies back with every shot.

Special:
    1-half extra attack per round

Damage: +6

Moon's Edge +3 [Scimitar]

Damage: 18+3 (does not do extra damage based on strength)
    Damage Type: Magic

Sword of Banishment [Wakizashi]

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, the next successful attack the wielder makes with this weapon within 2 rounds will maze the target. [I'm not sure but I think this could be done if using the ability gave the user another weapon identical to this one except with that effect]

Damage: 7+3

Assassin's Pole +2 [Quarterstaff]

Special:
    Backstab multiplier is increased by 2

Equipped abilities:
    Dexterity +2

Damage: 6+2

Sundering Hammer +2

On hit abilities:
    Each hit breaks all of the target's nonmagical equipment.

Damage: 6+2, + 3 acid damage

Canicaller +2 [Axe]

On hit abilities:
    Each successful hit summons a Spirit Dog to serve the wielder for 3 rounds.

Damage: 8+2

And here are some more ideas I had for changing items:

Soultaker Dagger [You could use this if you don't return to Ulgoth's Beard immediately]

Special:

On hit abilities:
    Whenever a living creature is hit by this weapon, it is killed and turned into a ghast which will attack the party.

Damage: 3 (strikes as a +4 weapon)

Sword of Arvoreen

On hit abilities:
    Each hit slows target for 1 round

Equipped abilities:
    Wielder cannot be slowed or paralyzed/stunned/held
    Wielder is hasted

Damage: 5+2

The Equalizer

Equipped abilities:
    Immunity to charm, domination and confusion

Damage: 7 (strikes as a +4 weapon), +7 lightning vs evil, +7 acid vs good, +7 fire vs lawful, +7 cold vs chaotic

Yamato +5

Equipped abilities:
    +2 AC bonus, +20% resistance to fire, cold, electricity, acid and magic damage

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, wielder may gain an additional +10 bonus to AC for 3 rounds.

Damage: 7+5

Usuno's Blade +5

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, the next successful hit with this weapon will do an additional 60 electric damage. Wielder has 1 turn to land the hit.

Damage: 6+5, +5 electric

Harbinger +3

Cursed

Equipped abilities:
    Every round, the wielder explodes in a fiery blast, which deals 40 fire damage to all within 30 feet of the wielder (including the wielder). This only happens if Harbinger is equipped.

On hit abilities:
    Ogres (including ogre mages and half-ogres) that take a hit from this weapon get petrified instantly.

Damage: 9+3, +2 fire

Neera's Staff

On hit abilities:
    Each hit has a 20% chance of casting on Agannazar's Scorcher on the target and a 20% chance of casting Flame Arrow on the target. Both effects have a 20% chance each of happening on the wielder as well with each hit, and more than one effect can trigger on a single hit.

Damage: 5+1
    THAC0: +1

Blackblood +3

Special:

On hit abilities:
    Each hit lowers the target's AC by 3 for 30 days.

Damage: 4+3, +3 acid

Bone Club

Special:

On hit abilities:
    Whenever an undead creature is hit by this weapon, that creature takes an additional 15 magic damage and then loses 15 maximum hit points permanently.

Damage: 4+3, + an additional 2 versus undead
    THAC0: +3, + an additional 2 versus undead

Skullcrusher +3

On hit abilities:
    Each hit dealt to a human, humanoid or demihuman lowers the target's Intelligence by 3 for 15 days.

Damage: 6+3, + an additional 3 vs humans, humanoids and demihumans
    THAC0: +3, + an additional 3 vs humans, humanoids and demihumans

Kiel's Morningstar +3

Cursed

Special: Whenever the wielder enters combat, he/she goes berserk. While berserk, he/she has a -10 AC penalty and all of his/her attacks become critical hits. The berserking wielder will attack the nearest creature (friend or foe), but only once combat ensues and only for as long as the combat lasts.

Damage: 4+3, +2 piercing

Ice Star +5

Equipped abilities:
    +50% fire resistance
    +100% cold resistance

On hit abilities:
    Each hit produces a Cone of Cold-esque blast that deals 15 damage to anyone it hits.

Damage: 4+5, +2 piercing, +5 cold

Obsidian Ioun Stone

Equipped abilities:
    +1 Constitution

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, wearer may set his/her Constitution to 25 for 1 turn.

Amulet of the Shield

Equipped abilities:
    Wearer is under the effects of the spell Shield.

Cloak of the Sewers

Repeatable abilities:
    Can polymorph into a rat, troll, or mustard jelly once per day (for each). The abilities of the forms are below:

Rat: Strength and Constitution are set to 5, while Dexterity is set to 21. Wearer gains a +20 bonus to Armor Class. [the rat wouldn't have 90% physical damage resistance]

Troll: Strength is set to 18.91, Constitution is set to 20. Wearer attacks twice per round with fists for 16 crushing damage per hit plus strength bonuses. Wearer regenerates 3 hit points per second, has -50% acid resistance, and has -100% fire resistance.

Mustard jelly: Wearer can attack twice per round with a ranged touch attack which deals 2 missile damage and 4 poison damage per hit; each hit also deals 6 poison damage over 1 round and slows target during that time. Wearer's magic resistance is set to 50% and his/her physical damage resistance is set to 30%.

Ring of Improved Invisibility

Equipped abilities:
    Wearer is under the effects of Improved Invisibility

D'Arnisse Signet Ring

Equipped abilities:
    Armor Class +2
    +50% fire resistance
    Wearer has 2 additional attacks per round

Ring of Folly

Cursed

Equipped abilities:
    Wearer's intelligence and wisdom stats are set to 3
    Wearer is immune to fear and hopelessness

Mana Bow +4

Equipped abilities:
    +30% magic damage resistance

Special:

Arrows fired from this bow turn into Magic Missles, dealing 3 magic damage in addition to their regular damage.

Damage: +0
    THAC0: +10

Strong Arm

Special:
    Strength bonus applies to damage
    [no additional attacks per round]

Damage: +10
    THAC0: +0

Heartseeker

Repeatable abilities:
    Once per day, wielder may increase this bow's THAC0 and critical threat range by 6 for 9 seconds.

Special:

Damage: +3
    THAC0: +6

Crossbow of Affliction

Equipped abilities:
    -10 Strength
    -10 Dexterity
    -10 Constitution
    Critical threat range is increased by 5.

Damage: +18
    THAC0: +18

Necaradan's Crossbow +3

Equipped abilities:
    Wielder is under the effects of Improved Haste.

Damage: +3

Flasher Launcher

Damage: +1
    THAC0: +30

Delryn Shield

Equipped abilities:
    +30% fire resistance
    +30% cold resistance
    Anomen is under the effects of Protection from Normal Missiles while the shield is equipped.

Armor Class: +4

Once again, I don't know if all of these can be done.
  • SirOscisSirOscis Member Posts: 6
    How about an option to combine Ioun Stones with helmets? Or stones with stones? I don't see any reason a rock can't orbit a wearing a helmet, unless there's some PnP rule of which I'm unaware. Pretty sure you can use multiple stones at once, too, in PnP. Give shopkeepers the ability to mix/match for you, or just Cromwell and Cespanar. I realize it brings in quite a few permutations for helmet/stone combos. Maybe not every combo, but a few would be nice. Seems such a waste to have all those pretty stones sitting in my Bag of Holding ...
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    Very interesting, @OlvynChuru. Most of these would be pretty simple to design. You could make them in NI, and place them in different areas. Even though, it is much easier just to put them in stores. You could also create the upgrades you wanted, and code them in. Coding to make an item upgradeable is pretty easy :smile:

@SirOscis It's been positively years since I played tabletop so I don't remember all the rules, but I do know coding to make your imp combine items isn't hard at all.
  • SirOscisSirOscis Member Posts: 6
    I'm not a coder and have a difficult enough time getting effects to work with NI. I just thought it would be more practical to "create" items that are within the rules and what's available in the game, rather than the next "Superwizbang +12" with eight special effects. Pretty sure there are plenty available in the vanilla version of the game.
    I came up with a interesting new item with a full description:

Bow of the Gods

This legendary relic draws power from every deity in existence, including ones with conflicting philosophies. Over time, as different gods gain and lose power, the bow's abilities change, as do the conditions it imposes upon one who dares to wield it. There was a time at which it would force itself out of the grasp of anyone who tried to use its power for evil, yet at a different time, any virtuous being who touched it would be struck dead in an instant. Currently its powers are stable enough that it can be wielded by people of almost any shade of good, evil, law or chaos.
    However, it is still very unsafe to use. Various gods have placed curses on the bow to spite those who would gain power from an opposing deity. It is nearly as dangerous to the archer as it is to the archer's target.

STATISTICS:

Cursed:
    May only be removed with a Remove Curse spell.

Equipped abilities:
    +5 AC
    +25% Magic Resistance
    +22% Magic Damage Resistance
    +18% Fire Resistance
    -7% Cold Resistance
    -53% Electricity Resistance
    -24% Acid Resistance
    -37% resistance to all physical damage
    Dexterity set to 25
    Constitution set to 3
    Movement rate decreased by 25%

When no arrows are equipped, the bow will fire special arrows that can hit creatures that require +5 enchantment to hit and deal an additional 2 slashing, 2 piercing, 2 crushing, 2 missile, 2 fire, 2 cold, 2 electricity, 2 acid, 2 poison and 2 magic damage.

Whenever the wielder fires any arrow with this bow, he or she is knocked unconscious for 2 rounds and takes 3 slashing, 3 piercing, 3 crushing, 3 missile, 3 fire, 3 cold, 3 electricity, 3 acid, 3 poison and 3 magic damage. The unconsciousness and damage ignore magic resistance.

Damage: +5
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: Shortbow
    Requires 5 Strength
    Weight: 3