Skip to content

A quick question about MP with 6 characters (and 2 players)

justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
So, the time has come for me to finally embrace the MP-component of BG; The party is (almost) rolled and summer vacation is nigh. In my first ever MP-campaign both me and my brother plan on contributing 3 characters each and since I've never done this before, here's what I wanted to ask:

What about NPCs, such as Edwin, Rasaad, Imoen etc.? Is it possible to temporarily (that's the important part) kick one of our generated characters to do an NPCs quest-line (they should still be present in game, right?), coming back to pick our party member afterwards?

I currently have no way of trying this out on my own, since my brother doesn't have access to the internet ATM. Cheers and thanks a bunch for answering. :smiley:

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    In the 2.3 version you can't temporarily kick generated characters away - you get no option to say them "Wait for us here" - they're gone for good if being kicked away.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353

In the 2.3 version you can't temporarily kick generated characters away - you get no option to say them "Wait for us here" - they're gone for good if being kicked away.

That's... a bummer. Is it known whether this intended behavior or a bug that will be fixed?

Maybe I'll have to go with 5 then... :neutral:
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    You could remove any containers and export your generated character and remove them using the character arbitration menu, then bring the NPC for the quest. Once you are finished with the NPC you can import your exported character again.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Phew... That means that there's a workaround. :sweat_smile: : Thanks. This way I'll probably only loose their statistics, something I can live without.