Skip to content

Not having Safana in BG2 now sucks.

AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
As a group of ne'er-do-wells running around you can stick with Dorn, Viconia, Edwin, and a Token Dwarf in BG1/BG2. But poor Safana not being in BG2 after her stay in my party was extended in SoD makes me sad.

I would LOVE to see her encounter where she suddenly thinks she can take a bounty on your head. ESPECIALLY after the events of BG1 is nonsensical. I now wish that Final chapter encounter of BG2 didn't have her cameo and she was recruitable like everyone else. Sure we have Hexxat. But she isn't my spoiled little vixen Thief is she.

Very sad. would be sad again. How do other people feel?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Agreed. I love BG2, but I never liked the history they forced on you (your starting companions) and I wish all the BG1 NPCs were available. Safana's return to SOD definitely increases the attachment and makes her loss seem more profound.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Hexxat's here as a replacement and we all know Hexxat is the best NPC ever :wink:
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Arunsun said:

Hexxat's here as a replacement and we all know Hexxat is the best NPC ever :wink:

well she is virtually indestructible so yeah, I guess that would make sense loooooooooool :)

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I usually prefer safana to imoen in bg1 for two big reasons:

1. I can't stand a poor strength score because of carrying capacity.
    2. That voice is...oh my goodness...

Dueling imoen to a Mage just doesn't do it for me in bg1. In bg2, I wouldn't have a single class thief...but, I might make an exception for safana.

Although I haven't played sod yet, so I don't know if the voice is as good.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

I usually prefer safana to imoen in bg1 for two big reasons:

1. I can't stand a poor strength score because of carrying capacity.
    2. That voice is...oh my goodness...

Dueling imoen to a Mage just doesn't do it for me in bg1. In bg2, I wouldn't have a single class thief...but, I might make an exception for safana.

Although I haven't played sod yet, so I don't know if the voice is as good.

It is.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    Fully agree. Just finished my first playthrough of SoD with Safana in my party for most of the game and I really want her to stick with me when I now continue in BG2EE.
  • UlauuoUlauuo Member Posts: 13
    Fully disagree then. The voice in sod is ok quality-wise, it still doesn't match the one in BG1 meaning that she sounds in SoD like she had a flu and now her throat is sore and her nose is a bit clugged. But it can't be helped, I suppose, and it's not the real problem, the worst thing with SoD's Safana is that she's no more that seductive wench using her affectation (with voice and implied looks) to lure males into whatever objective she aims for. Her personality was completely changed, and yes, it affected the voice acting as well. If you liked the BG1's Safana there is a high chance you won't like her in SoD.
    Personnaly, I couldn't stand her in SoD and kicked her out after the second or third "romantic" conversation.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253

Agreed. I love BG2, but I never liked the history they forced on you (your starting companions) and I wish all the BG1 NPCs were available..

I wonder if they had originally planned to have your NPCs carry over. You really start BG2 at a disadvantage with an evil party.

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    It makes for a better story to leave SoD npcs in SoD.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    RelSundan said:

I actually agree, to an extent. Some NPCs make sense to bring into BG2, like M'Khiin or Glint. It makes sense that either of those would follow the Bhaalspawn under the right circumstances.

That said, even if you romanced Safana, it's more than likely that she was scared off by all the heat from your trial. What kind of thief wants to hang around a guy who is an obvious target of the law, even if she does "love you"?
    edited June 2016

RelSundan said:

I actually agree, to an extent. Some NPCs make sense to bring into BG2, like M'Khiin or Glint. It makes sense that either of those would follow the Bhaalspawn under the right circumstances.

That said, even if you romanced Safana, it's more than likely that she was scared off by all the heat from your trial. What kind of thief wants to hang around a guy who is an obvious target of the law, even if she does "love you"?
    That's not how the meeting with her feels in BG2. She's pretty intent on killing you at this point, she's not afraid or anything.
    Arunsun said:

That's not how the meeting with her feels in BG2. She's pretty intent on killing you at this point, she's not afraid or anything.

Yes, that meeting was made before any of the SOD stuff was implemented.

Arunsun said:

Yes, that meeting was made before any of the SOD stuff was implemented.

Unfortunately Beamdog is not really allowed to change original dialogues, only to add stuff, but not to change the overall outcome. And we have already seen that this may cause discrepancies. Meeting Edwin with Neera in your team for example, starts with a banter between the two of them that imply Edwin knows Neera and you, and then the original dialogue with Edwin acting as if he did not know you at all and the banter did not occur.
    And I am afraid the same would occur with Safana.
    @Arunsun, exactly. So, I'd rather they just leave it be.