Skip to content

BG2:EE Few general questions about mods.

yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
edited June 2016 in General Modding
Hello there.

Platform: Steam
Game version: 2.3.67.2

Just finished installing bunch of mods through BWS using the recommended option, with a few personal tweaks:
- general biffing
- some various quest mods
- bunch of npc mods
- Ding0's Quest Pack: improved oasis dialouge enhancement only
- Ascension
- Almateria's restoration project
- aTweaks
- EET TWEAKS: only remove junk from global scripts and disable hostile reaction after charm
- klatu tweaks and fixes
- Rogue rebalancing
- Sword coast stratgems
- Tweaks antology
- Unfinished business
- bp-bgt worldmap
- the picture standard

1. Do you see any problems down the road with all those mods installed together?
Used BWS to resolve any conflicts.
Had problems with some items from wheels of destiny, just deleted those items from override folder and retried the installation.

2. BWS couldn't find Enhanced Edition Trilogy End, so i just continued without it, will it break my game?

3. Do you see any problems down the road playing with an imported save from BG:SOD?

4. What happens when Steam updates the game? do i need to reinstall all those mods? what will happen to my save games?

5. Is there any FAQ that answers those questions and more?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    I need a hero!
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    The answer to number 4 is that you should always update a clean game. So you'd need to take off your mods, update and then reinstall or things get all wonky. Unfortunately, I don;t know the answers to the others, though you can probably find some just by wandering the forums.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited June 2016
    yowave said:

1. Do you see any problems down the road with all those mods installed together?

I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer on that from memory.
    If you want to be sure, you'd have to go through each mod's README to see what they say about compatibility.
    But it's probably safe to just trust BWS to resolve conflicts.
    yowave said:

2. BWS couldn't find Enhanced Edition Trilogy End, so i just continued without it, will it break my game?

No idea.
    You should ask for help in the EET forum on gibberlings3.net. (The site is down right now, but will hopefully be back up soon.)
    yowave said:

Had problems with some items from wheels of destiny, just deleted those items from override folder and retried the installation.

That sounds a little unsafe.
    Again, probably better to ask the authors of the mods that were involved in the conflicts.
    yowave said:

4. What happens when Steam updates the game? do i need to reinstall all those mods? what will happen to my save games?

Don't let Steam or GOG Galaxy update a modded game. Best case scenario it'll just kill the mods; worst case it will screw up the base game installation too.

Better to copy the installation somewhere safe, mod it, and leave it at that.

If you want to update the game to a new patch, start fresh - i.e. update the vanilla installation, copy it somewhere safe again, install all mods again, and start a new playthrough.

(Both game patches and mods can change the string table, so continuing with an existing savegame can mess things up.)
    yowave said:

3. Do you see any problems down the road playing with an imported save from BG:SOD?

This should be safe though. "Importing" a save from SoD is not really like continuing a savegame, it basically just makes some items available in BG2:EE.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ineth
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I have found that BWS is not always reliable. It is usually better to manually install the mods you want in the order that BWS suggests, or that the mod authors suggest. (When in specific conflict, do some research and follow the latest relevant advice, which usually turns out to be the mod author's)
  • yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2016
    I thank each and everyone of you heroes.
    I'll do as you suggested, and we'll see how it goes.
    This game just don't want to die, i always find myself coming back to it, now with mods the possibilities are mind blowing.
    I am a late bloomer, found about the game 2 years ago.