Skip to content

Mod Problem "Unfinished Business"

ancientclownancientclown Member Posts: 15
Blessings Baldur's Bravest:

Gotta admit...it's been years since i've played Baldur's Gate (original release), and jumped at the chance to take a vacation and revisit the Sword Coast in the enhanced edition. (so far only the first one)
After playing through a bit i noticed a few things left undone in the mines quests (vial of liquid, ore samples, etc) and after checking online saw info on the mod "unfinished business".
Initially everything was working well...until i accidentally deleted my save game...(sometimes i click too quick) lol
Anyway...after starting a new game and getting to the mines i'm now getting things like "invalid 34015" in the dialogue boxes and as the choices.
As i mentioned, it's been awhile and i'm not sure if i'm supposed to install the mod before every new game or have i encountered a bug...I did a quick search online but didn't turn up anything specific so thought i'd ask here quickly.
I didn't want to do a bug report if it wasn't one, or if i just needed to reinstall or something simple.

Thanks for any help.
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello, welcome to the forum!

I guess it happened because the game was updated. After each patch you have to install all mods anew. Clear your override folder (it will help with getting wrong strings like "invalid 34015" and install the mod again.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved the discussion to the proper forum.
  • ancientclownancientclown Member Posts: 15
    Thank you JuliusBorisov and Davide as well. I'll do that cleanup and appreciate the feedback and proper placement of the question. Being new at the same time as what the actual problem was,(figuring it mostly my fault) i was unsure of the best place to ask...and then accidentally clicked the wrong link anyway and placed it in the Spanish section.
    I'd love to promise i'll never make silly mistakes like that in the future, but i don't like to make promises i won't be able to keep. ;)
  • ancientclownancientclown Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2016

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I guess it happened because the game was updated. After each patch you have to install all mods anew. Clear your override folder (it will help with getting wrong strings like "invalid 34015" and install the mod again.

Thank you again JuliusBorisov ...that was my problem. i had not noticed the newest update, so did as you suggested and cleaned and reinstalled.
    Adventuring again.