Skip to content

Can'r reach Gibbering3.net

TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
For the past few days, I've been unable to reach the G3 websites, nor the Spellhold Studios websites for that matter. I'm wondering if anyone else has such an issue? I haven't found problems with other sites I visit, so it's kind of weird.

Comments

• Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38
    Given this seems to be an annual occurance (I've found threads asking for mirrors over the span of several years) is really grates on me that some mod creators are so banal they only allow their stuff to be posted on one website. Eventually, both these websites will no longer be with us, and what then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2016
    Xeno426 said:

Given this seems to be an annual occurance (I've found threads asking for mirrors over the span of several years) is really grates on me that some mod creators are so banal they only allow their stuff to be posted on one website. Eventually, both these websites will no longer be with us, and what then?

Its worth noting that both G3 and SHS went down here. So even if people had backed their mod up on both places it wouldn't have made a difference (so its not just a case of people only backing up on one site).

Some people just prefer certain sites for their own reasons. I prefer SHS because of its look, the ability to access upload history, and write in patch notes (without actually having to create a document for this). Other people have other preferences. I keep all my stuff backed up both locally and on google drive. So while this is an issue that should never be a problem for very long with one of my mods I can definitely see why people might prefer to just put their mods on the one site.
    ConjurerDragon
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Speaking of these sites being down, does anyone know of an alternate download for the Innershade and I Shall Never Forget you mods? I think those are the only ones I'm missing for my next run.

I'm really glad I downloaded most of the stuff that interested me a while back.
    edited June 2016
    @Ratatoskr589 You may want to check out this thread https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42972/links-to-the-mods-from-spellhold-studios-gibberlings-3-while-these-websites-are-down

In fact it might be worthwhile to resurrect the thread for the time being.
    I didn't see them there, but thanks. If it wasn't closed, I would've asked on that thread instead.
    elminster said:

Its worth noting that both G3 and SHS went down here. So even if people had backed their mod up on both places it wouldn't have made a difference (so its not just a case of people only backing up on one site).

It's all down for me as well. Unfortunately, the listed of the mods isn't really available anywhere except there. Pocket Plane is still up, though. Would be nice if they could mirror files themselves.
    elminster said:

In fact it might be worthwhile to resurrect the thread for the time being.

That's one of the threads I've come across in the past. Sadly, many of the mirrors have been removed.

I didn't see them there, but thanks. If it wasn't closed, I would've asked on that thread instead.

My mistake. I didn't check the last post to see if the thread was closed.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    elminster said:

Xeno426 said:

If I remember correctly (and circumstances seem to indicate I do), a few years back SHS was getting enough traffic that it needed to be on its own dedicated server. As this is fairly cost prohibitive for a not-for-profit website, SHS and G3 Admins went in together to split the cost of the dedicated server. This arrangement is beneficial for both communities in a number of ways, but the downside is that if the server itself goes down, both sites go down (as has happened here). As a result, assuming that one site will always serve as a good place to host backups from the other it is not necessarily a safe assumption.
    GrammarsaladAedan
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Backups are a good idea. So are fall back plans....
    edited June 2016
    Anyone have the latest versions of the following mods mirrored anywhere?
    Fade
    Interaction Expansion Project
    Eilistraee's Song
    Almateria's Restoration Project
    Alternatives
    Tales of the Deep Garden
    Imoen Romance
    Amber
    Tyris Flare
    Widescreen Mod
    Weapon Animation Tweaks
    BG1NPC Project
    BG1 Tweak Pack
    Crossmod Banter Pack
    Spell Revisions
    Sorcerer's Place collection
    IWDification
    BG:EE Kitpack
    Haer'Dalis Romance
    Wheels of Prophecy
    Neera Expansion
    BP Series Party AI

Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by Xeno426 on
    Sam_ said:

elminster said:

Xeno426 said:

If I remember correctly (and circumstances seem to indicate I do), a few years back SHS was getting enough traffic that it needed to be on its own dedicated server. As this is fairly cost prohibitive for a not-for-profit website, SHS and G3 Admins went in together to split the cost of the dedicated server. This arrangement is beneficial for both communities in a number of ways, but the downside is that if the server itself goes down, both sites go down (as has happened here). As a result, assuming that one site will always serve as a good place to host backups from the other it is not necessarily a safe assumption.
    Indeed.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Xeno426

Imoen Romance is still available: http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/downloads.php

A couple of mods can also be downloaded from the following urls:
    https://github.com/Gibberlings3/
    https://github.com/AstroBryGuy?tab=repositories
    AstroBryGuyXeno426
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    This is why I have such a huge load of mod setup files on my PC. Though to be honest, from what I can remember, when I was last able to check, it had been a while since Gibberlings 3 especially had any new mods... sad that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2016
    @argent77, @Saber84
    Thanks for the links.

EDIT
    Damn, anyone have WeiDU 236? His website only has a working link for 185.

For BG2Tweaks, just grab Tweaks Anthology from Github.

Can't figure out how to use the mod. It's downloaded by clicking the "Clone or download" button, correct? The bat file doesn't seem to work, I just get "The system cannot find the path specified" error.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2016
    Ah, I see how to navigate GitHub now. Thanks.
    I updated the list earlier to reflect mods I've managed to get.
  • RlimRlim Member Posts: 3
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1miniBtY

pw:rwip

I can't use most of your fancy webdisks because of the wonderful great wall.
    So this is baiduyun,the ultimate evil webdisk of china.Use it if you are really desperate.
    good luck~
    下载 means download.

2.45g,separated,up to date
    ArdulSssiksseilorXeno426
    When I try using that link, I get redirected to http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=1870277813&uk=1292129973 where I get a dialog box with this above it:
    请输入提取密码:
    smeagolheart
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    It's been a week. I have been on vacation. I just finished my first run of BGEE and downloaded BG2EE, went to install mods .... Down. Itching to get a game start.
  • RlimRlim Member Posts: 3
    Xeno426 said:

When I try using that link, I get redirected to http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=1870277813&uk=1292129973 where I get a dialog box with this above it:
    请输入提取密码:

try rwip
    edited June 2016
    Ah, it's a password prompt. I feel like a dunce now.
    Thanks for the link. I was able to get quite a few of the mods I was looking for, but I'm still missing Almateria's Restoration Project, Alternatives, Amber, Weapon Animation Tweaks, Sorcerer's Place collection, IWDification, BG:EE Kitpack, Haer'Dalis Romance, Neera Expansion, and BP Series Party AI.

Also, I couldn't download any of the large files (100+ MB) from there.
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Anyone has BiG World Installpack: The Mod itself (BiG World Installpack v15.6.2.7z)*?

It says Cannot proceed installation without this essential mod.
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Thank you so much!!
    I'm still looking for:

I Shall Never Forget You
    Innershade

If anyone has those for BG2EE. I think I have a few more off Xeno's list so I'll try to post those at some point, once I figure out where to post them to. I'm not a cloud person.