Skip to content

I can't climb up the rope >.<

EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
So, the first dungeon, are you supposed to be stuck once completing it? Or am I missing something. The rope where you drop down initially has the "Circle Arrow" interact function, but nothing happens when I try and climb the rope.

Oh well, off to pick up the kids :smile:

Comments

• Harlow656Harlow656 Member Posts: 2
    Having the same problem. Completed the dungeon, have the conversation with Imoen and I get locked in a cutscene?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    There's another thread Here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49755/stuck-in-first-dungeon-sod

It's talking about the same thing. They identify in that thread it's a mod issue...any possibility here?
  • SophronisbaSophronisba Member Posts: 3
    I had the same problem, but I went back to the lower floor and then returned and it worked that time.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    You should only have to talk with Imoen in the Entrace Area after completing the second floor of the Safehouse Tomb to exit the Safehouse and proceed to the rest of the game. If that's not happening, and you don't have some Mod that might be interfering, please let us know. This part has been tested to death and I'd be surprised if it wasn't working, but stranger things have happened. :)
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    I'm not sure what the issue was, Imoen never followed me to the lower floor. I haven't used any mods.

I loaded up another saved character from BGEE and the story moved along just fine.
  • fakefake Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016

Same problem here :-/

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    fake said:

Same problem here :-/

Which problem exactly? Did Imoen not follow you?
    Yep, she didn't follow me to the lower floor
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @fake do you have any mods installed, and could you zip + attach a save please.
    Thanks
    @Gate70 I don't have any mods installed, and I have the save attached. Thanks for the help!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited July 2016
    @fake
    For some reason Imoen is not present. She should have been there at the start, followed you around the area, travelled downstairs, followed you around again, and congratulated you once K was defeated. Then she should be waiting for you near the rope. At some point she and her companions have been removed from your game but I cannot see why.

I've consoled her in and checked that speaking to her progresses the game as intended.

n.b. your character is using a fist with their mainhand which seems a bit odd so wondering if that may have something to do with it.
    Thanks @Gate70 !
  • dajaredajare Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Apparently this issue made it onto the Nintendo Switch version too (so also no mods, and no supported way to export the save)