Skip to content

Thalantyr

Is he killable?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Yes. His spells are just generic mage spells, if I remember correctly. He's nothing like Shandalar.
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    I just found out not more than three minutes ago. He was one of the easiest encounters in the game. :(
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited July 2016
    chimeric said:

That's what I like about people who play this game. The say: NPC name. Then the question: is he killable?

story of my BG life, POOOOOOOOOOOOWER GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

although co-incedently I never kill thalantyr though, mostly because he basically buys any item in the game from you, and even though you can get a whopping 7000 XP in that room from killing all the things its not necessary to do so to hit the XP cap

mf2112MagpieRandoms
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe he's getting alzheimers, the mage at the sorcerer's sundries is the same, giving you the same dialogue every time, despite the fact I visit him dozens of times over
    Aerakar
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I hold out on selling to him until I'm capable of killing his golems...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mf2112
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I'd never killed him simply because he runs one of the best shops in game
    jackjackDJKajuruMagpieRandoms
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    I never killed because I don't murder people for rudeness.
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    edited July 2016
    He is, but it isn't worth it for reasons mentioned above. Plus his loot is awful (a potion of fire resistance and intelligence I think? It's been a while...) and a staff that isn't his famed 'staff of power,' just a plain old quarterstaff.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    When I'm about to face Sarevok for the last time I just go back all the way to High Hedge to make a little visit to this fellow.
  • Von_CravenVon_Craven Member Posts: 12
    Ramiell said:

I'd never killed him simply because he runs one of the best shops in game

I have disagree both him and sorcerer sundries only partially recharge wands, if you want a full charge on a wand goto friendly arm inn or the shop in ulgoth. I guess of your low on money a partial charge works better, but I like the full 100 charges myself.
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2016
    You can kill elminster in the game and I remember from the forgotten realms book that Elminster is like Mystra's chosen one, and if I recall at one point even had the Godesses' power for a while during the Time of Troubles. He is by far one of the the most powerful wizards in the forgotten realms universe. He is the creator of the entire universe, Ed Greenwood's, favorite character

He also doesn't drop anything good but that makes sense for the lore of that character, as his equipment was always super plain on purpose