Skip to content

Custom formations

FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
What it does:
Makes it possible for player to create new formation buttons.

How it works.
1. Player positions characters into the desired formation.
2. Player selects all characters and navigates to the formation buttons UI.
3. There will be three new buttons, slightly off colored to distinguish them from the normal formation buttons. Initally the buttons will be blank.
a. Selecting a blank button on a short press or long press will copy the positions of the characters from the game to dots on the button, creating and selecting a new formation based on the current positions of characters.
b. Selecting a non-blank, new formation button on a long press will prompt an "Erase formation?" dialogue, returning a blank button on yes, which can then be assigned as in 3.a.

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Essentially what Pool of Radiance Ruins of Myth Drannor had?
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Oooh you just presented to me my most desired. . desire!
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404

I'm not familiar with those.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2016

I'm not familiar with those.
    In PoR 2 you had a few custom formations just like in BG and in addition there was a button that "saved" the formation your party was in at that moment. So you could walk every single character in the party to a place you wanted them, then hit that button and they would stay in that formation.
    Here is an old screenshot with the party formation buttons in the lower right:
    http://www.ign.com/images/games/pool-of-radiance-ruins-of-myth-drannor-pc-12043/4fa6c9adcdc388ed13e68e12
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2016
    @ConjurerDragon,

Thanks, Its hard to tell from the screen shots but it sure sounds like what I was saying.

Also, there are actually only two formations that I would use this to build. First, a "hoard upfront" formation which puts all my summoned monsters 20 feet or so ahead of the rest of the group. Similarly, a "scout upfront" which puts my thief 20 feet ahead.

@ConjurerDragon , @Rodrian , did you have some custom formations in mind?
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Well, maybe not so much of a different 'formation' (but after a 'X+' hours with that option available, I'm sure few would get into my mind. .), than just basically some place-swapping, like leader at back or more-stretched/shrinked-versions of what we have now etc.
    I thought for a sec about a way to determine who's the actual party leader (you know, third char instead of top one), but *eeh*, that wouldn't be a real-deal type 'o solution tbh. .

AND speaking about your props: formation "follow the leader"  could've helped u a little  with the 2nd one (just place the scout at top) :wink: