Skip to content

Gibberlings Three and Spellhold are down

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
And have been for two days at least - or for two years, for all I know. Where do I download mods now?

(And is Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul compatible with BGEE?)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    An update on the sites - the admin is aware of the issue and is busy with it:

As for the alternate links, forumites will help with exact mods, just as they did last year in https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42972/links-to-the-mods-from-spellhold-studios-gibberlings-3-while-these-websites-are-down
  • PraeshockPraeshock Member Posts: 2
    I tweeted to Liam Esler yesterday about the sites. Apparently their host had a hard drive failure and no backup. Thankfully the mod folks have backups - G3 was up-to-date, SHS was from April. No real time estimate for the sites being back up, sadly. I've got a fresh install of BG:EE I want to mod before starting a game!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

It might be nice if Beamdog hosted those sites. Those two communities in particular are indispensable resources for players and fans of these games...

If they did then they'd be responsible for the content.
  • Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2016

It might be nice if Beamdog hosted those sites. Those two communities in particular are indispensable resources for players and fans of these games...

Or just mirrored their work somewhere like MediaFire, Mega, or ModDb. Only a handful use GitHub.
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Yeah I checked the internet archive to see if they had a backup of these sites, but the sites used some specific mirror.txt file to tell them not to backup them ! So no backup anywhere, we can only wait... !
  • Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38
    zelurker said:

Yeah I checked the internet archive to see if they had a backup of these sites, but the sites used some specific mirror.txt file to tell them not to backup them ! So no backup anywhere, we can only wait... !

/facepalm
    I've found threads regarding the sites being down going back a few years. You'd think with that kind of record, they'd wise up about mirroring and backups.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Don't know if this is necessary to say, but they are both up and running again.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Yes they are. If you know somebody there, you might suggest they make a back-up.