Skip to content

playing the game

mickobymickoby Member Posts: 7
I have been trying to play BG:EE, with Dragonspear, and BGII:EE for a couple of weeks now and it crash as it is loading everytime. I changed the beta to version 1.3 and it ran but was very choppy like it was very slow to buffer, game play and music are very slow. I tried beta version 2.3 and it crashed again on loading? Is there anything I can do? the support team hasn't been able to help much.

Comments

• mickobymickoby Member Posts: 7
    Also I entered the beta codes that were posted on this site but both are invalid. Please help
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Post your crash report. Re-install the game? Verify game files? (Steam) Do you have mods?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Moving your thread to the troubleshooting forum. Have you updated video drivers recently?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited July 2016
    @mickoby
    Could you go through the steps outlined here please http://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch and also attach a directx report.
    (Windows/R, type dxdiag into the run prompt, click ok, wait a few seconds, save all output, drop result here)
    Thanks
    I did everything on the windows won't launch page and type what you said in the run window and it came back with no results and still it won't run any quicker.
    edited July 2016
    Still runs slow. Seems like it is a buffering problem
    dxdiag should always produce results on a pc (I had made an assumption this was the case rather than you using a mac or linux). Which of the bits below is not working for you?
    When I put dxdiag in the run box it showed no results found
    OK, assuming this is on PC could you try installing from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 then check the game again, and try the diagnostic if there are still issues.
    Thanks
    I went to dxdiag page and all three of the tags were enabled. I was looking at the requirements and it said this game needed at least 6g of ram. I have only three, could this cause the game to run slow. It runs ok but play about 10 secs then it stops and then starts and stops again and again. This occurs in video and audio.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    6g ram? Wtf?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    According to the current BG:EE page on Beamdog, it only requires 512 Megs of RAM. 3 gigs should be plenty to run Windows itself and the game.
    It's more likely to be the driver for your graphics card or the card itself, but you can check by running the game in Windowed mode with Task Manager showing cpu, disk, memory and network use.

For Windows/Mac/Linux, the BGEE memory requirement is 512mb of RAM as stated on https://www.baldursgate.com/
    Siege of Dragonspear has the same requirement.
    BGII:EE requires 256mb for Windows and 512mb for Mac.