Skip to content

Neera's hidden refuge bugs, two of them

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
Is there a workaround for these:

1) I have brought the eight cats to the guy who wants them. But he doesn't realize this. I am not able to proceed. He keeps asking, "Have you found them yet?" while the eight cats are running around his feet.

2) The assault on the hidden refuge doesn't seem to happen no matter what. Waiting doesn't help. I believe this may be related to bug #1.

I have mods installed, but nothing that should affect this.

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Incidentally, I just tried a workaround: asked for more cat food and tried to pick them all again, re-enter the Wild Forest and then come back. But this doesn't work, because you can't pick up the cats once they've entered the Hidden Refuge.

All the eight are there. But Barad Ding doesn't get it.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Can you pick up a cat and leave the area, then bring it back?
    edited July 2016
    @mf2112: No. As I said, once in the Refuge, I cannot pick any of the cats. I can lure them to me with the cat food, but they are not picked up. They remain where they are, swarming around Barad Ding.

This is a really strange one. Never had this before. And either this or something else is keeping the assault on the Refuge from happening, so Neera's quest is essentially on hold.

I wonder if there is a Console command to manipulate 1) Barad Ding's sense of whether I have brought all the cats to him 2) the assault on the Refuge.

Perhaps @elminster could help or point to someone who could help.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Check and update these values if you're certain you have 8 cats. Make sure you have a save beforehand in case I've missed anything.

C:GetGlobal("ohn_barad_plot","global") should return a value of 2
    C:SetGlobal("ohn_barad_plot","global",2)

C:GetGlobal("ohn_found_cats","oh6100") should be set to 8
    C:SetGlobal("ohn_found_cats","oh6100",8)

From memory, the refuge is attacked after an encounter with Daxus in the Bridge District, have you done that yet.
    @Gate70: Thanks a million! Much appreciated.

The first command did indeed return a value of 2. I then set the number of found cats to 8, and Barad Ding woke up.

And yes, I then went to meet Daxus and the assault happened.

Thanks!