Skip to content

Scimitar

Does anybody know where to find a scimitar before Cloackwood? And because I´m playing with Item Revision, only scimitar will work (no wakizashi). I´ve bought one in Candlekeep but it broke and I don´t like an idea of playing almost half of the game and using weapons in which charname is not proficient (kensai with proficiencies in scimitars and two weapon fighting).

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited July 2016
    You can find some on Drizzt before cloakwood, there's also a +2 one on the top of Durlag's tower in a hidden spot - you can also get a +1 wakizashi, I think, from Dorn's introduction when you talk to him at the FArm Inn and then travel to the Nashkel Mines one of the people that attacks him (that you can loot after) has a +1 ninjato or wakizashi (I can't remember). There's a +1 scimitar out there somewhere as well but I can't remember where it's at :( Maybe firewine bridge?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I think the only Scimitar +1 is in the Baldur's Gate sewers.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    velehal said:

Does anybody know where to find a scimitar before Cloackwood? And because I´m playing with Item Revision, only scimitar will work (no wakizashi). I´ve bought one in Candlekeep but it broke and I don´t like an idea of playing almost half of the game and using weapons in which charname is not proficient (kensai with proficiencies in scimitars and two weapon fighting).

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Scimitar
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Ulgoth's Beard
  • TotalBaggerTotalBagger Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2016
    The shops that sell scimitars are in Candlekeep, Ulgoth's Beard and a seller in Durlag's Tower I believe.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    There's a scimitar +2 on the upper level of Durlag's Tower, where the basilisks are. It's easy to get it with protection from petrification. Sendai at the area south of Nashkel has a scimitar +1, which sets a duel-wielder up for most of the game. You get a second scimitar +2 at Cloakwood.
    @Artemius_I: Sendai doesn't have a Scimitar +1.

@joluv My mistake. I'm almost certain I got an early scimitar +1 at some point but it might've been from one of the thieves from the amazon brigade instead.
    Lamalha, et al.? Nope, not them either. I just checked.

Dudleyville doesn't mention any Scimitars +1, and the new items thread only lists the one in the sewers. I'd be mildly surprised if there's another.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I just took out Sendai and she had both a long sword and scimitar +1, but I think this is from my SCS install, i.e. tougher Sendai.
    joluv
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Unfinished Business changes (restores?) Sendai's long sword +1 to a scimitar +1.
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    Sendai at the bottom of the Map has a Scimitar +1
    Dorn Ambush has a Wakazashi +1

All you need is at least lvl 5 ish and haste spell and you can kill Drizzt if you start to attack him while he fights Gnolls.

For 3+ Scims with Equip effects.

Scimitars are easy to come by.
    Milo said:

Unfinished Business changes (restores?) Sendai's long sword +1 to a scimitar +1.

it's a Scimitar +1 without UB in BGEE

Anaxie said:

it's a Scimitar +1 without UB in BGEE

No, it's not. See the screenshot I posted.
    Who knows maybe her weapons are level based.

Hell my latest playthrough she had two Scimitar +1s
    @Anaxie: What mods do you have installed?
    edited July 2016
    Either the Tweaks or the BG1NPC or UB add the exotic item pack. maybe it's that. Pretty sure she had Scimitar +1 on my first unmodded run.

The pack is useful because it adds some enchanted scimitars and Katanas to the game. Somthing lacking.

That said I play with the vanilla BG legacy proficiencies anyhow. The new Proficiencies are too fragmented I would like to actually be able to use katanas and bastard swords and not be locked down into Long Blades / Two hand / Scims for most fighters.

Example is Albruin Simmeons bastard sword is AMAZING

Bastard Swords are 2D4 Vs 1D8 for most 1 handed blades. Albruin is +1 but it has Detect Invis, Posion Immunity and the damage is 2D4 +3!
    edited July 2016
    Anaxie said:

that +3 is ALOT of damage since it's added twice.

No. Damage bonuses are always applied after the total dice roll. The damage of Albruin ranges from 5-11.

Edit: can't math
    edited July 2016
    Either way

at the moment Shar'teel with big fisted belt is DWing Albruin and Varscona
    19-25 Alb
    17-24 Var

Packs a big punch beating out +2 Longblades and having it's Poison immunity and invalueable detect invis spell.
    Anaxie said:

exotic item pack. maybe it's that.

Yep.
    Aerakar