Skip to content

Can't dispel Mislead (minor spoilers)

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting
I'm fighting Perth the Adept. He casts Mislead, but Keldorn casts True Seeing and attacks him (or maybe his misleading image) with Carsomyr, hence dispelling at level 30 with each strike. However, the misleading image doesn't disappear. In the screenshot attached you can see the moment when Perth casts Mislead, then Keldorn has "one true seeing", and even after that (not seen in the feedback screen), he hits Perth, who gets the corresponding dispel effects. The screenshot is taken after the Dispel effects, but the misleading image is still there. What's going on?

Note: I modified my game with EEKeeper to change the difficulty to LoB in the middle of the game. Apart from that, it's a vanilla installation.

Post edited by Alonso on

Comments

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Alonso,
    A note about Carsomyer, in my previous experiences, the dispel function does not always activate.
    Previously Staff of the Magi always activate dispel but this new patch I find that it too suffered from the same fate as Carsomyr (both are using the same dispel types). Alsothe Dispel only seemed to activate, if it decides to activate that is, on the first strike of that round or something (used to be every successful hit).
    Many strange things with dispel these days ...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I could be wrong but I don't think hitting the real target with dispel removes Mislead, but I have no idea why True Seeing didn't get rid of it. Bizarre.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Bubbles said:

@Alonso,
    A note about Carsomyer, in my previous experiences, the dispel function does not always activate.

When this happens, do you still get a "Dispel effects" message (and no actual effects), or nothing at all?

I could be wrong but I don't think hitting the real target with dispel removes Mislead

Since I was not sure of what was the real target and what was the image I tried with both, but I failed to dispel in both cases.