Skip to content

Jaheira not coming back (I've looked all over)

I've tried looking everywhere for any reference to this and it seems that nobody reported this before: I've killed Xzar and Jaheira got called by the harper. I read that she was supposed to come back the next day, but she hasn't. I've rested in a bunch of places and it has been 6 game days and no sign of her. The quest log still says she was Summoned to Harper Hold and is coming back soon, but I don't think she is coming back at this rate. Can someone please help?

Comments

• James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    edited July 2016
    Here is the entire sequence around that time, based on having a romance with Jaheira. Note that I am playing BG2EE version 1.3.2064

Did you kill Xzar, or did you let Lucette appear and she killed Xzar? Yes, Jaheira returns after Resting in an Inn/Copper Coronet for 8 hours:

Near Galvarey Estate: Give Renfeld's body to Rylock 14550 xp, 200 gp (do not ask for a reward)
    ENCOUNTER Xzar: gives Quest (Get thief from Harpers)

Galvarey Estate (Harper's): Talk to Rylock Q (clear Prebek's): do this quest now

Harper's: Finalize Prebek quest with Rylock 14500 xp
    You can now enter Harper's Hold!
    Meronia and her friends are now in the Galvarey Estate and can be pick pocketed

Harper's: Get amulet in last desk (not locked), no need to wear
    Note: Jaheira will leave with Meronia later in this quest (Romance OK even though she leaves your party)
    Upstairs: Get bird from cage 20k xp

Outside: Give bird to Xzar 35500 xp all!, 907 gp, Bracers AC6, Friends
    scroll, Staff Spear +2
    Lucette appears: she kills Xzar!
    ENCOUNTER: Meronia takes Jaheira! Talk 1

Copper Coronet: REST in e.g. Copper Coronet: or Crooked Crane (Gates) not in the Sea Bounty -> Jaheira is back! (After one rest session, Jaheira will return)
    Talk 1: "There you are! I…I missed you while I was gone…"

Mae'Var's: In a building near the Harper's (such as Mae'Var's) do a full buff for a tough fight (use at least Chaotic Commands, True Sight and Iron Skins)

Harper's: With Jaheira enter the Harper's -> confrontation with Galvarey
    Jaheira eventually says "I…I will stand by your side if you will have me. You are…you are better than this, I know. I…"
    Talk 2 (I had hoped...I had hoped you would, but I do not wish to harm your friends...)

Big fight: kill Bessen first, 12500 xp. Ring of Wizardry (extra Lev 5-7 spells) is on Mage; drops can be Lev 7-8 spells!
    Note: Nadinal is worth 0 xp even with EE!

Jaheira romance: Eventually will get Love Dialogues number 17 to 19 followed by a very tough fight (LD20)
    LD17: Jaheira says "So, what do you think about Amn so far…" talk 1, 2, 2

LD18: "We have had many people seek our deaths so far. Some would have been friends had things been different. This weighs on my mind…" talk 3, 1

LD19: "Again I must say how much I prefer the forest to artificial structures…" talk 3, 1, 1 -> major save game for very tough fight upon map change in 30 (or 60) minutes.

From my walkthrough:
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/211406264/Baldur-s-Gate-2-Enhanced-Edition-Walkthrough-for-SoA-ToB-Cleric-Ranger

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Moving this to the troubleshooting forum. Could you possibly attach a saved game to a post here?
    JuliusBorisov
  • omegafenriromegafenrir Member Posts: 3
    I'm not romancing Jaheira (I actually got the thieves attack and offered myself as a hostage, but when prompted I said I liked Aerie better). The harper (Lucette, is it?) killed Xzar, then Meronia talked to Jaheira a few moments later and took her away.
    I read about a lot of people getting stuck later down the questline, but not at this particular stage. I even tried to look for a bugged Jaheira around the area she got called (docks), but didn't find her.

ENCOUNTER: Meronia takes Jaheira! Talk 1

So this /\ would be the last I got from the questline.

I've also attached the save game as requested.

Finally, sorry for posting at the wrong section and thank you guys :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    She's stood next to the Thumb, Sea's Bounty Tavern, Docks district.
    mf2112
  • omegafenriromegafenrir Member Posts: 3
    Gate70 said:

She's stood next to the Thumb, Sea's Bounty Tavern, Docks district.

Just tested and when I speak to her there, it works just fine and she's back in the party. Thanks again
    mf2112
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Glad to hear the problem is solved. I do the 1x Rest in the Copper Coronet or the Crooked Crane, not in the Sea's Bounty because I do not want to instigate the Ployer quest until later in the game.
  • DandDforeverDandDforever Member Posts: 9
    I had the same problem, it has been a couple of weeks, and she is not in the Sea's Bounty per gate70's comment. I guess she is never coming back.

I had the same problem, it has been a couple of weeks, and she is not in the Sea's Bounty per gate70's comment. I guess she is never coming back.

She may be somewhere else in your game. Can you upload a zipped up save game here?
  • DandDforeverDandDforever Member Posts: 9
    Based on gate70's comment, I did search the other inn's in Amn, she was at the Mithrest. After 2 weeks she was 200,000 XP's behind everyone else, 400,000 total since she is multi-classed. I'll stick with Anomen, I have never tried him as a party member before.
    mf2112Gate70

Based on gate70's comment, I did search the other inn's in Amn, she was at the Mithrest. After 2 weeks she was 200,000 XP's behind everyone else, 400,000 total since she is multi-classed. I'll stick with Anomen, I have never tried him as a party member before.

Anomen can be very effective. Good luck!
    Gate70