Skip to content

[NI] Automatic keybinding when new spells are added

filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
Trying to add few new spells with Near Infinity, I then realized that the new spells in the game have an unintended key binding with the "Q" key.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Have you made sure that your new spells have a valid name? I've encountered the same effect after a mod cleared names of a few spells by accident.
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    argent77 said:

Have you made sure that your new spells have a valid name? I've encountered the same effect after a mod cleared names of a few spells by accident.

Well, here is the thing. I have created new stringrefs for the new spells, but this strings somehow are not appearing in the game, just the spells icons.
    @argent77 , Are these issues related?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    You must assign these string references to the spells. WeiDU does all of that automatically. In NI you have to assign the new strrefs manually to the "Spell Name" field of the SPL resource. The same applies to the "Spell Description" field.

Also make sure that you've actually saved the dialog.tlk after adding new strings. There are no warnings about unsaved changes if you try to close it. For the strings themselves you have to set the correct flags as well. Enabling flags bit 0 (Has text) is mandatory if you want to see the text in the game.
    filcat88
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    argent77 said:

You must assign these string references to the spells. WeiDU does all of that automatically. In NI you have to assign the new strrefs manually to the "Spell Name" field of the SPL resource. The same applies to the "Spell Description" field.

Also make sure that you've actually saved the dialog.tlk after adding new strings. There are no warnings about unsaved changes if you try to close it. For the strings themselves you have to set the correct flags as well. Enabling flags bit 0 (Has text) is mandatory if you want to see the text in the game.

@argent77 , thank you, you have been helpful.