Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Love it, everything looks great!
    mf2112lolien
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I agree - looking fantastic.
    mf2112lolien
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Wow! I was a little skeptical about what the "Field Report" really was, these pics make it look a lot heftier than I anticipated, Cant wait for it to arrive :) and the cool thing about pre ordering/paying so many months ago is that its going to feel free when it comes :)
    ButtercheeseQuartzlolien
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    Soooooooooo excited. Can't wait to get a hold of this!
    lolienXavantSCARY_WIZARD
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    This does look great. We haven't seen any more updates. Has anyone heard anything about a potential ship date?
    XavantSCARY_WIZARD
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Yes, a ship date would be nice. It looks fantastic.
    XavantConjurerDragonSCARY_WIZARD
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited August 2016
    The OP question is " I'm torn! I love the franchise, but this is a steep price. What do you guys think?".
    My answer is that it depends on many factors. From the seller's point of of view it depends on how much profit they get, and the answer was given.

Collector's Editions take a huge amount of effort to get off the ground and by the limited production numbers, costs are high and shipping is difficult. Amber and her group really worked hard to put it together and I'm really looking forward to getting Collectors Editions into the hands of our community.

From the buyer's point of view it depends on where you live, how much you earn, but it depends also on the (emotional) value that you give to the added things, for some people the map, the coin and the rest can be really appealing, for others can be little more than trash. But in a world where half of the population starve and the other half is happily spending a lot of money in technology that is going to be obsolete in 1 or 2 years, clothes and other stuff expensive just because of the brand and not for a real inherent quality (better fabric, labor intensive production and so on ) paying 150-250$ for something that someone like it is not anything strange or uncommon.

My personal point of view, even if I live in the "lucky part of the world" and I can afford to spend a couple hundred euro or even much more for something that I like, is that is a really steep price.
    Buying it would make me feel like a natural men that exchanges his gold with colored marbles and small mirrors.
    Don't get me wrong, is just a personal and subjective opinion related to the emotional value that I give to the added things, I don't want to be disrespectful towards who give them a different emotional value.
    But since I think that the OP wanted our personal and subjective opinion.....

One more thing: supporting Beamdog.
    At the moment I am not supporting the company in any way, as I don't own or play any EE game.
    And this is fair as I don't give nothing but also I don't get nothing.
    I will support Beamdog when I will buy and play the games they sell. I will do it buying the games and paying a fair price for them.
    But Beamdog is not a non-governmental organisation, is not something like Amnesty International or Emergency, I really think that they don't need more support then buying the games instead of downloading them in a not legal way. Imo this is enough.

If I would support someone for that fantastic games that I love so much I would happily donate some money to some modders that I appreciate as they add so much to the games just for free.

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @gorgonzola - I think the point about supporting Beamdog directly is purely the fact that buying from Beamdog means that they would receive the maximum percentage of the price paid (minus any transaction fees applied by credit cards, banks or paypal). They are not suggesting they are a charity or anything.

Buying via GOG or Steam means those organisations would take their cut first, then any transaction fees from credit cards, banks or paypal get something, and then any other partners in the loop get something too.... meaning that when Beamdog do receive any money they would get an overall smaller percentage of the price paid. So the price you paid could be split between many parties...
    gorgonzola
    @Mr2150 I know that they are not suggesting they are a charity or anything, and also @Dee was really polite saying:"But what I always, always tell people, is that you should buy from the store you want to buy from".
    And Beamdog is not asking money as a donation, is selling products for money.
    I am also aware of the fact that many EE users, new and old "BGgamers", are really happy to have those games revamped, with a new GUI, added content, bugs fixed and now even a completely new expansion.
    Even I, not EE user, am happy for that and I told more then one time on this boards that in the future I will become a Beamdog's customer.

Is not how the company acts, that is fine, I am surprised about how the customers, or better some of them, react. I see a loss of perspective in their reaction and the fact that so many times has been emphasized on the boards that buying their products we contribute at the development of new games and content doesn't help. Because this is true, but is nothing strange as almost every company whose products we buy invest part of its profit in research and in developing new stuff. Sometimes reading the boards I have the impression that other people feel a bond of gratitude way beyond the normal for a buyer, even a satisfied buyer of a good product.
    But I don't presume to judge the feelings of other people, I am just a little surprised.
    Also, since my knowledge of the English language is not perfect, maybe I am I am exaggeratedly esteeming the whole thing.
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    Hmm. Well my original decision not to buy Siege of Dragonspear (or probably anything else from Beamdog) was just based on the fact that I don't like the direction they're taking with theme and narrative. I just figured that I wouldn't enjoy the game much, and I didn't want to give Beamdog money for something I didn't want.

I hereby change my explanation for withholding my business. I am no longer a disappointed consumer--I am now showing my respect and solidarity with the oppressed and disadvantaged throughout the world.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any news?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    What the hell is taking so long? Starting to look like a scam.
    Heavylinecatsarekacamp
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108

What the hell is taking so long? Starting to look like a scam.

Agreed. Just couple of days and we're at September. Still no updates?
  • Dethmetal42Dethmetal42 Member Posts: 6
    Seriously. Hell, it's been so long I don't even remember if I've already been charged for this months ago or not! ...have I?
    SCARY_WIZARD

Seriously. Hell, it's been so long I don't even remember if I've already been charged for this months ago or not! ...have I?

Just checked my old statements...was charged $150 on 3/8/16. Would really like an update after being charged that long ago and having nothing to show for it...
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • catsarekacampcatsarekacamp Member Posts: 52
    They took your money and ran, man.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • ZoulstormZoulstorm Member Posts: 4
    Can someone from Beamdog please reply here or it will look like you are a fraud
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited August 2016
    Guys, chill. As some posts on the previous page have shown, they are clearly working on it.
    There must have been simple production delays with one or more of the manufacturers or something.
    JuliusBorisovVarwulfCrevsDaak
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Maybe @TrentOster would be so kind as to provide us with an update.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Told ya.
    Mr2150Sylvus_MoonbowAedanVarwulf
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    Well, I hope that this waiting means we get the most up to date version on disc possible.

They have also learn how this works, and if when we get a special edition of Baldur's Gate 2 things go more smoothly.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

I'm working on an update. We're waiting on another sample to arrive.

Saemon Havarian whispered it's a good chance of it being a final prototype, and if you're happy with it, full production and a ship date will be provided.

I hope he's not going to pull another fast one on us like in Brynnlaw! :o
    JuliusBorisovButtercheese
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @TrentOster THE GITHYANKI DEMAND! YOU HAVE THE RELIC OF HOLIES!
    Buttercheese
    Well it's nice to finally hear something. But still, it's been 5 months, and we're still waiting for the product we've already paid for. I'm not very pleased with that. I understand that you want to know how many copies you may need before you sell, but this wait time is a bit excessive. Hopefully if you do something like this again, you'll just make a set number, and that'll be it. We shouldn't have to wait this long after the game has already launched.
    catsarekacamp
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    That was actually a very informative post. Great stuff.
    JuliusBorisov