Skip to content

Dragonspear castle basement Legacy of Bhaal event (spoiler)

comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
After you interrupt Hephernan from some ritual is this an event you're supposed to escape or fight? Because the waves seem to endlessly spawn. Is this a bug or a change for the Legacy of Bhaal setting?

I don't understand because even if it's not a bug how are infinite waves of spawn viable? Especially on LoB

Comments

• comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Bump. Has anyone completed this game on LoB difficulty? Input would be great.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Design-wise, the intention is that the party flees from this encounter.

I don't think the spawns are actually infinite though.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    You're supposed to flee but it's possible to just kill everything. There's a thread where several people shared their experience with the encounter: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60474/hephernan-encounter-legacy-of-the-bhaal.
    CARV3R
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah, so you are supposed to flee? I was getting enraged on how hard that battle was, I thought for some bizarre reason you were supposed to kill everyone, which I eventually did, but it was not easy

the level 5/level 6 elemental summoning spells are your friends, especially if you have the level 6 druid ones
    FemShep
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2016
    EDIT: I did it but it took some cheese. Wow. They overdid it for that encounter for LoB users; beware
    Post edited by comebackhome on
    sarevok57