Skip to content

Skatan's guide to get your GF to become a gamer

SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
OK guys, so I'm starting to execute my long term plan to get my GF to become a gamer. I've been scheming and plotting for a long time now, and it will take preparations worthy of a level 2 party taking on Firkraag!

Step one was to find out if/what games she ever played in the past. Success! I found out a couple of years ago, after taking up the subject numerous times, that she played alot of need for speed underground back in the day.

Step two: Listen to the soundtrack from the game over the course of 4 years. Especially when we have had something to drink and was starting to get a bit nostalgic.

Step three: get rid of my old stationary computer, which was a big, bulky and noisy piece of a monstrosity which she would never ever play on due to aesthetic reasons.

Step four: Get a cute, lean and fast gaming laptop.

Step five: Get NFSU and start to play, crank up the music.. then wait for it.. waaaaait for it.... waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit foooor iiit!

Step six: Girlfriend comes into the room asking; "what the hell are you playing, is that.. ?"

Step seven: bask in the glory of success!

Here's where I am at currently. The following weeks and months I will take it slow and steady. My next step is to get her to boot up the comp and play for herself once without me.

I'm prolly borderline douchebag for doing this, but she's trying to get me to start dancing with her! So my promise to myself, to her (though I won't say anything yet) and to this community is to start dancing in class with her if my scheming bears fruit!

Wish me luck, friends!
RavenslightKuronasparkleavlolienMontresor_SPFinnTheHumanmf2112BelgarathMTHNonnahswriterCrevsDaakTeflon

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited August 2016

The ability to find common ground in play can be an excellent bonding experience for couples. Good luck!

This is exactly what I have tried to tell her a couple of times :) We did play a mobile phone game for some time together, and it was really great to share that even if the game itself was quite boring. She says she can become too frenzied with games if they really get a grip on her, so I have tread carefully her. I mean, I don't want to create a monster! ;)

My long term dream would be to play a MP session of BG together with her. I've created a lot of cool and interresting characters, many female, and tried to make her look: "Check this out babe, my awesome sorceress here just wasted a bunch of douchebags with a single fireball!" but alas, to no avail.

I think my next step is to buy a gaming steering wheel for the computer so we can play in front of the TV together.
    sparkleavRavenslightlolienCrevsDaak
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yes, that's a good way! I introduced my previous GF to HoMM5 just as it was released. She got hooked, so we played some together (until she became alot better than me and played through every campaign map, haha!)

I had forgot about that.. maybe I should try to show her HoMM at some point.
    BelgarathMTHCrevsDaak