Skip to content

The Familiar

2»

Comments

• SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    July is ending. Any updates on when we can expect new issue of Familiar.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    I was curious about this as well. I assume it might be on the back burner since @Amber_Scott has decided to move on with other things. I really love it though, and would even be willing to pay for a subscription if it would help.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    That news is extremely disappointing. :( I really enjoyed the Familiar.
    loliensparkleav
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Yep, it sucks that the Familiar is dead. I also really liked it. And I'd go even further and suggest that the Beamblog is also dead.
    lolien
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd suggest that it will probably become active when there is more news to reveal.
    Maybe when the collectors editions of SoD are ready, or when I new project is announced
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I would happily read a magazine detailing in a little more depth about favourite moments from the game, what undead creature you would prefer to cuddle or great pictures from some artists...

Use the talent here in the forum.
    sparkleavlolien
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    @Anduin I like that idea :)
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    But... Even I can see the downside. Giving any content, control, to others will make any company, even a great one like Beamdog nervous. It is in a way losing control...

One month you could get amazing input from the fans, the next month and you get meh. And a deadline hovering over your head like an axe.
    sparkleavlolien
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    kanisatha said:

Yep, it sucks that the Familiar is dead. I also really liked it. And I'd go even further and suggest that the Beamblog is also dead.

I was wondering why no new issues of the Familiar have come out, and I can't help but notice that there's been almost nothing from Beamdog since the last patch, and no indication of what they might be working on now. It is starting to feel like something is wrong - or am I just looking in the wrong places?
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for the information. It's good to know there is still activity,and I very much look forward to seeing what Beamdog do next.

The concern comes from the relative silence compared to the build up to the release of SoD and the last few patches. For example, there's still a link to a thread about the last patch plan, but nothing on the new one - hence it seeming like things had halted. Has there been any further information - any links for someome eager to find out what's coming?