Skip to content

Can't Save Games in Baldur's Gate II and Siege of Dragonspear

First things first, I'm using a Mac. Specifically, Mavericks (10.9.5) if that helps.

Before the most recent patch in Baldur's Gate II (The patch that made Baldur's Gate II look like Siege of Dragonspear graphically), I had saved games, trashed bozos, cuckolded Haer'dalis and Khalid (Khalid was lucky to have at least been dead... Also, spoiler alert), imported characters, and saved games. It was beautiful.

But since I had installed the most recent patch of Baldur's Gate II, the game crashes whenever I save the game. The same thing happens in Siege of Dragonspear as well.

My Baldur's Gate I game is perfectly intact (The game where you have to Baldur Sarevok's Gate). If there was a patch to make it looks graphically like Siege of Dragonspear and stuff, I never did download it, and it still works beautifully, but I digress.

I don't know why my computer is rejecting the new layout. All I know is that if ever I want to save the game, the game quits and no file is made. At least none that shows up in the load menu.

Also as a side note, with the latest patch of Baldur's Gate II, is the baldur.ini file no longer valid? Is it now a baldur.lua like with Siege of Dragonspear? If so, I can't find that on my mac anywhere.

If any of you know what is going on, please explain how to remedy the problem in as simple directions as possible. I'm brave enough to tamper with .ini files so long as if someone wrote the code out for me to input beforehand, but I know little else.

If you all have more questions, I'll try and provide as coherent an answer as possible. Until I get this fixed, I cannot play these games.

Thanks for reading guys!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Rename (or delete) the Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder which is in your documents folder. Launch the game so it creates a new folder. Copy any saves back which you wish to keep.

You could try deleting the Sodsave folder in your Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder.
  • OversquidOversquid Member Posts: 6
    Gate70 said:

Rename (or delete) the Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder which is in your documents folder. Launch the game so it creates a new folder. Copy any saves back which you wish to keep.

You could try deleting the Sodsave folder in your Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder.

It's not in my documents folder, but I do see other such folders on my computer. Can you give me a rundown of what kinds of items I will find in the folder so I can look out for that?

Thanks Gate70!