Skip to content

An ideal cleric

2»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2016
    Draw Upon Holy Might, Holy Power, Righteous Magic, Hands of Takkok. Big-Fisted Belt.

You don't need to worry about STR.

The main point is CON and WIS. Despite the fact you don't receive extra-HP for a Constitution greater than 16, you may achieve regeneration. And this will save a LOT of spells slots so you can get some nastier things as Doom, Command, the spells I've stated above, Poison, etc.

The best race for a Cleric is Dwarf. 19 CON (20 with a tome), shorty saves, nice gods to be devoted. Go for it. The 17 DEX can hurt a little, but that's why Potion of Agility exists (lasts for 3h, you can use one before every major event).

Do a dumb-but-wise dwarf priest. This way you can combine the Big-Fisted Belt with Legacy of the Master for mundane fights (you won't be able to use scrolls IIRC). Try to start with 18 STR so you can dump the belt once you get the STR Tome.

PS: Half-Orcs are the best class for thieves.

PPS: Halflings and Gnomes should stay in their burrows drinking sweet ale instead of going on an adventure.

• Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Raduziel said:

PPS: Halflings and Gnomes should stay in their burrows drinking sweet ale instead of going on an adventure.

I'm so triggered right now.
    jackjack
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited August 2016
    Fardragon said:

Wild mages aren't permitted to dual class under unmodded rules.

I guess that is the reason why "pure cheese" was used.
    kensai
  • Tad_Has_A_Cold_OliveTad_Has_A_Cold_Olive Member Posts: 183
    Raduziel said:

Draw Upon Holy Might, Holy Power, Righteous Magic, Hands of Takkok. Big-Fisted Belt.

You don't need to worry about STR.

The main point is CON and WIS. Despite the fact you don't receive extra-HP for a Constitution greater than 16, you may achieve regeneration. And this will save a LOT of spells slots so you can get some nastier things as Doom, Command, the spells I've stated above, Poison, etc.

The best race for a Cleric is Dwarf. 19 CON (20 with a tome), shorty saves, nice gods to be devoted. Go for it. The 17 DEX can hurt a little, but that's why Potion of Agility exists (lasts for 3h, you can use one before every major event).

Do a dumb-but-wise dwarf priest. This way you can combine the Big-Fisted Belt with Legacy of the Master for mundane fights (you won't be able to use scrolls IIRC). Try to start with 18 STR so you can dump the belt once you get the STR Tome.

PS: Half-Orcs are the best class for thieves.

I think you mean Gnomes should run into adventure surrounded by illusionary duplicates of themselves while hefting weapons as big as they are.
    Winterisle