Skip to content

BG2 Redux : Athkatla - DA Mod - Irenicus!

Comments

• jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    karpasz said:

And BG1+ToTSC is almost done for NwN2. ;)

Where can one get additional info on this? Are there any screenshots or gameplay vids?
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    This is just AWESOME.
  • TrayusTrayus Member Posts: 7
    jmanreis said:

karpasz said:

Where can one get additional info on this? Are there any screenshots or gameplay vids?
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/3120312/32

I can remember when he first started on it and I didn't expect it to get anywhere near completed but it would seem it's only a couple of months away.

As for the DA remake, I love the cutscene but I'm not a fan of the DA artstyle and limited armor/appearances.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Trayus said:

jmanreis said:

karpasz said:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/3120312/32

I can remember when he first started on it and I didn't expect it to get anywhere near completed but it would seem it's only a couple of months away.

As for the DA remake, I love the cutscene but I'm not a fan of the DA artstyle and limited armor/appearances.
    For the screenshots:

http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/drechner_BG/

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Cuv said:

Anyway... with BG:EE coming out, might just have to get back into BG/BG2 modding:D

Yes, please. :D
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Cuv There will be the possibility to add other languages ? (like italian :P)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    This is pretty amazing work!
    AndreaColomboBelgarathMTH
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    edited September 2012
    Really, this is extremely impressive! That Waukeen's Promenade screenshot just blew me away. It's such a memorable BG2 area for me and it looks just like the original. Bravo!

I don't think enough people are aware of this thread, since most of them stay on the General-discussions.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    A great effort, but the infinity engine just looks a million times better.
    mch202DjimmyCenerDragonspear
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @AndreaColombo Okay! Hehe
    @Akerhon Yes, that can always be done but the initial release will be in english. We even had some offers for translations already... but holding off on that until we have module 2 mostly done. Right now 95% of the levels are finished... but there is still a ton of quest coding to do.
    Akerhon
  • KasonKason Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    I was always sceptic about that Redux "BG2 mod" using Dragon's Age toolset but this cinematic from mage fight at Waukeen Promenade is ... pretty amazing.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Already linked once in this forum and once (originally) in the modding forum.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    It's amazing and incredibly well done.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    It was a tad bit slow at times, I assume for dramatic effect. However it makes the Cowled Wizards seem even slower at responding than they appear in game.
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60

Elminster complaining that people are too slow to take action? Now I've seen everything...

hahaha, thats truth.

On topic though, that is amazing. I hope they finish the mod, I'd love to see Bodhi in 3D glory. I love me crazy vampire girls.
    Fredjo
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2012
    I saw this similar scene a while back, it's by the same guy AFAIK.

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Kortok said:

A great effort, but the infinity engine just looks a million times better.

I actually find it really impressive. He's managed the get the maps 101 % spot-on. Of course, it'll never be the original, but for a fan-made mod, it's pretty cool.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    David Warner voice acting is chilling, it doesn't translate to well to 3D but this turned out really well. I can't wait to see some of the full maps.
  • ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86

Elminster complaining that people are too slow to take action? Now I've seen everything...

hahaha, thats truth.

On topic though, that is amazing. I hope they finish the mod, I'd love to see Bodhi in 3D glory. I love me crazy vampire girls.
    You mean this bodhi?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-MliipiFcd8
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    That was done very well.
    Be careful with our works-in-progress:P That is all they are. Glad you like the cutscene
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited September 2012
    Merged the similar threads.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If this comes to light I will be buying DA on my PC simply to play this. That's how awesome this is. Nice job all involved - my jaw literally hit the floor when I saw the video.
  • ShadowlessShadowless Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    I remember noticing this mod idea after buying DA, the progress you have made is great and I can only hope you do not give up and can finish it,there have been to many BG2 fan remakes that failed and made me die a little inside. If all goes well with this and a TOB version, any plans of visiting BG?
    @Shadowless Perhaps, is all I can say. This project is taking a tremendous toll, its huge. And thank you:) We have no plans to abandon it.
  • idilippyidilippy Member Posts: 6
    Wow, amazing work. I loved the first part of this mod but figured that the full project would prove to be too much, I am happy to see that your team seems to be more than up to the challenge. I am very excited to see where the mod goes from here.
  • dunehunterdunehunter Member Posts: 10
    I have been following your blog every weekend since module 2 and with the finishing line approaching, I become more and more excited, really nice work!
  • rimaanrimaan Member Posts: 12
    really amazing,
    but what made you chose the DA engine instead as for example the NWN2 one?