Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Jaheira not coming back (I've looked all over)

I've tried looking everywhere for any reference to this and it seems that nobody reported this before: I've killed Xzar and Jaheira got called by the harper. I read that she was supposed to come back the next day, but she hasn't. I've rested in a bunch of places and it has been 6 game days and no sign of her. The quest log still says she was Summoned to Harper Hold and is coming back soon, but I don't think she is coming back at this rate. Can someone please help?

Comments

• James_MJames_M Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2016
    Here is the entire sequence around that time, based on having a romance with Jaheira. Note that I am playing BG2EE version 1.3.2064

Did you kill Xzar, or did you let Lucette appear and she killed Xzar? Yes, Jaheira returns after Resting in an Inn/Copper Coronet for 8 hours:

Near Galvarey Estate: Give Renfeld's body to Rylock 14550 xp, 200 gp (do not ask for a reward)
    ENCOUNTER Xzar: gives Quest (Get thief from Harpers)

Galvarey Estate (Harper's): Talk to Rylock Q (clear Prebek's): do this quest now

Harper's: Finalize Prebek quest with Rylock 14500 xp
    You can now enter Harper's Hold!
    Meronia and her friends are now in the Galvarey Estate and can be pick pocketed

Harper's: Get amulet in last desk (not locked), no need to wear
    Note: Jaheira will leave with Meronia later in this quest (Romance OK even though she leaves your party)
    Upstairs: Get bird from cage 20k xp

Outside: Give bird to Xzar 35500 xp all!, 907 gp, Bracers AC6, Friends
    scroll, Staff Spear +2
    Lucette appears: she kills Xzar!
    ENCOUNTER: Meronia takes Jaheira! Talk 1

Copper Coronet: REST in e.g. Copper Coronet: or Crooked Crane (Gates) not in the Sea Bounty -> Jaheira is back! (After one rest session, Jaheira will return)
    Talk 1: "There you are! I…I missed you while I was gone…"

Mae'Var's: In a building near the Harper's (such as Mae'Var's) do a full buff for a tough fight (use at least Chaotic Commands, True Sight and Iron Skins)

Harper's: With Jaheira enter the Harper's -> confrontation with Galvarey
    Jaheira eventually says "I…I will stand by your side if you will have me. You are…you are better than this, I know. I…"
    Talk 2 (I had hoped...I had hoped you would, but I do not wish to harm your friends...)

Big fight: kill Bessen first, 12500 xp. Ring of Wizardry (extra Lev 5-7 spells) is on Mage; drops can be Lev 7-8 spells!
    Note: Nadinal is worth 0 xp even with EE!

Jaheira romance: Eventually will get Love Dialogues number 17 to 19 followed by a very tough fight (LD20)
    LD17: Jaheira says "So, what do you think about Amn so far…" talk 1, 2, 2

LD18: "We have had many people seek our deaths so far. Some would have been friends had things been different. This weighs on my mind…" talk 3, 1

LD19: "Again I must say how much I prefer the forest to artificial structures…" talk 3, 1, 1 -> major save game for very tough fight upon map change in 30 (or 60) minutes.

From my walkthrough:
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/211406264/Baldur-s-Gate-2-Enhanced-Edition-Walkthrough-for-SoA-ToB-Cleric-Ranger

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Moving this to the troubleshooting forum. Could you possibly attach a saved game to a post here?

JuliusBorisov
  • omegafenriromegafenrir Member Posts: 3
    I'm not romancing Jaheira (I actually got the thieves attack and offered myself as a hostage, but when prompted I said I liked Aerie better). The harper (Lucette, is it?) killed Xzar, then Meronia talked to Jaheira a few moments later and took her away.
    I read about a lot of people getting stuck later down the questline, but not at this particular stage. I even tried to look for a bugged Jaheira around the area she got called (docks), but didn't find her.

ENCOUNTER: Meronia takes Jaheira! Talk 1

So this /\ would be the last I got from the questline.

I've also attached the save game as requested.

Finally, sorry for posting at the wrong section and thank you guys :)

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,590
    She's stood next to the Thumb, Sea's Bounty Tavern, Docks district.

mf2112
  • omegafenriromegafenrir Member Posts: 3
    Gate70 said:

She's stood next to the Thumb, Sea's Bounty Tavern, Docks district.

Just tested and when I speak to her there, it works just fine and she's back in the party. Thanks again

mf2112
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 126
    Glad to hear the problem is solved. I do the 1x Rest in the Copper Coronet or the Crooked Crane, not in the Sea's Bounty because I do not want to instigate the Ployer quest until later in the game.

• DandDforeverDandDforever Member Posts: 9
    I had the same problem, it has been a couple of weeks, and she is not in the Sea's Bounty per gate70's comment. I guess she is never coming back.

I had the same problem, it has been a couple of weeks, and she is not in the Sea's Bounty per gate70's comment. I guess she is never coming back.

She may be somewhere else in your game. Can you upload a zipped up save game here?

• DandDforeverDandDforever Member Posts: 9
    Based on gate70's comment, I did search the other inn's in Amn, she was at the Mithrest. After 2 weeks she was 200,000 XP's behind everyone else, 400,000 total since she is multi-classed. I'll stick with Anomen, I have never tried him as a party member before.

mf2112Gate70

Based on gate70's comment, I did search the other inn's in Amn, she was at the Mithrest. After 2 weeks she was 200,000 XP's behind everyone else, 400,000 total since she is multi-classed. I'll stick with Anomen, I have never tried him as a party member before.

Anomen can be very effective. Good luck!

Gate70