Skip to content

Lord of Murder achievement [BUG?]

So I have finished BGEE on the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty... Or so I thought, since I did not get the achievement.
Not sure if this is a bug or I broke the game during the playthrough, here are my possibly unusual steps:
- I imported max level character from BG2EE (24/20 Fighter/Mage) with some items, started a new game and run solo.
- In some cases I just ran away from enemies.
- Used Time Stop couple of times (including the final battle).

After not getting the achievement I decided to dig deeper using NearInfinity and EEKeeper
In Nearinfinity, ACHIEVEM.BCS says
IF Global("ACH_LORD_OF","GLOBAL",0) Global("bd_ach_difficulty","global",2) AreaCheck("AR0125") Dead("Sarevok") NightmareModeOn() THEN RESPONSE #100 SetGlobal("ACH_LORD_OF","GLOBAL",1) END

EEKeeper (checked final save):
ACH_LORD_OF // not on the list so I assume the value == 0 therefore check
bd_ach_difficulty == 2 // check
areachecked for ar0125 // assuming it is just a check be in the temple -> check
Dead("Sarevok") // assuming this checks for Sarevok's death -> check
NightmareModeOn() // here I am lost, could be a difficulty check? there is no NIGHTMAREMODE variable though... but this looks like the only thing stopping me from the achievement... I suppose it returns true or false base on something else...

Checking on the internet I found some posts claiming that the difficulty could have changed randomly throughout the game - this is a weird case for me: it is still set on Legacy of Bhaal in options BUT checking the variable GAMEDIFFICULTY in EEKeeper shows the value of 6 in my saved game, but when I created brand new game the value of the variable is 7. Checking my old saves (I only have start of chapters available) the value is 6 on "Chapter 1 start" autosave which suggests the game changed it for some reason in the prologue (I bought bunch of long swords from Winthrop and ran to Gorion so not really a lot of possibilities for that to happen).

Using Steam version 2.3.67.3

Comments

• YamianYamian Member Posts: 3
    bump
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    First question, do you have Siege of Dragonspear installed so I can make sure I'm checking like-for-like.

n.b.
    From a quick check
    * BD_NightMare_Mode should be set to 1
    * GameDifficulty should be set to 7 (may be 6 if started on earlier version of game)

With Siege of Dragonspear installed, the achievement activates for me after the game transition and speaking to Imoen.
  • YamianYamian Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    No, I don't have Siege of Dragonspear installed.

BD_NIGHTMARE_MODE is set to 1 (no idea how I missed that one) on the Final-Save and on Chapter 7 start as well (both have GAMEDIFFICULTY set to 6 while having Legacy of Bhaal shown in gameplay options though).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I think this is to do with the game ending, as the achievement script has an area check. In SoD I believe the script gets confirmation the current game has visited the area. Without SoD the game ends and returns to the menu, so may not have chance for the achievement to activate.

Will report on that basis.
    Thanks