Skip to content

Is there anything special about making mods for IWD: EE?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
I haven't played this game for a long time. Any special features not handled by BGEE's 2.3 engine? Or can I just copy an item from my BGEE mod and tell Icewind Dale players to get it from the console?

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Afaik, IWD is still on 1.x version of the engine.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    But you can use IWD 2.0-style effects, yes? For things like Set State. That's what I have in BGEE through Near Infinity. Or does that just mean it's an Enhanced Edition game effect?
    I have no idea what you mean by "IWD 2.0" to be honest, you can't use opcodes that were added by 2.0.
    In Set State, in Near Infinity, you can choose IWD 1 mode or IWD 2 mode. Or does that refer to the original games? Anyway, has Beamdog promised an engine update for IWD:EE?
    I'm not sure, let's tag @Argent77 and see.

Yes an update is planned but no date announced.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    IWD1/2 modes are referring to the hardcoded lists of states from the original games. The dynamic list based on splprot.2da requires the game to be updated to 2.0 or higher.
    But isn't Icewind Dale still in an 1.x incarnation? That's what I heard in this thread.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Small mistake on my part. IWD 1 mode uses a hardcoded list of states. IWD 2 mode uses values from SPLSTATE.IDS which is available even in pre-2.0 games.
    Okay, thanks. Now I know that I have to wait for an update to be sure the effects work.