Skip to content

Starting SoD With No Thief

Hello!

So I've just finished a run in BGEE with a Thief -> Fighter, Imoen, Xan, Yeslick, Neera and Kivan.

At the starting dungeon in SoD my party is: Charname, Xan, Yeslick, Neera and Kivan.

First time I've played Imoen was replaced by Safana. Charname was an Enchanter.

Now I "don't" have a Thief. I say this because Charname only have Detect Illusion and Set Traps as thief skills.

Was Safana supposed to come anyway or the game understands that I already have a Thief in my party and simply removes Imoen withou replacement?

Is there any way to call Safana (or, even better, Coran) for this dungeon? Or I'll need to step in every trap and bash every lock until I can build my own party?

Thanks!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This happened to me too. Its the only gripe I have against SOD. I always use imoen, so I get no thief for the intro unless my charname is one (and specced for it). I don't recall any incredibly deadly traps so you should be able to face tank them with anything not a mage or thief. I don't recall much in the way of locked containers though.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    In my first run Imoen was automatically replaced by Safana. Not ideal, but helped a lot.

Now it's not happening. I'm without a proper Thief (maybe because of charname's class).
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I think if you start a solo game from scratch in SOD it will give you Safana, but if you import or continue from BG1 you just carry over your team from that game. Also, IIRC if you choose to start a game from scratch in SOD using the create your own party feature it just gives you the characters you create, so no Safana. So that means stepping in all the traps unless there's a way to console her in, or else just move your save into multiplayer and add a thief to get you through the first dungeon.
    semiticgoddess
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    The thing is:

In my first SoD run I've continued from BG1 and had Imoen automatically replaced by Safana. Charname was an Enchanter.

In this SoD run I'm continuing from BG1 and Imoen was removed from my team without replacement. Charname is a Thief -> Fighter.

Maybe the game just thinks I don't need another Thief.

Anyway, I wanted to know if it was a bug or something the game predicts. I'm just bashing locks and stepping on traps during this first dungeon.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well, worse case scenario, after you beat the dungeon you will be able to recruit safana afterwards at the elf song tavern if im not mistaken
    DJKajuruRaduzielsemiticgoddess