Skip to content

Where are my weapon slots after dual-classing through?

I had a fighter, with 4 weapon slots as you can imagine, and I started him on a life of petty crime. As a thief he had only 2 slots. I was looking forward to getting my slots back after I have suffered through the inactive class so that I could luxuriously switch between a two-handed sword for fighting, the Dagger of Venom for back-stabbing and a bow. No dice: he regained fighter abilities, except he still has the measly 2 weapon slots. What gives? It's not the question of interface space:

There is space for another weapon slot if you move the icons closer. Also I've never played a multiclass fighter-mage-thief, and I can't start one now, but what about them? Are they short-changed too?

Beamdog?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The missing slot is "Defend", which BioWare removed from non single-class warriors in BG2, leaving some classes with an empty gap in their skillbar.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also bioware at the time thought that not many people were using the defend option, so is another reason why they felt it was okay to get rid of it ( I believe this is stated in the old vanilla bg2 manual )
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Okay, so it's a gap and two chinks, one to the left and one to the right. Spells come in the gap for fighter-mage-thieves, so that's taken up. But if you move the buttons closer, you can make another gap out of those chinks. Perhaps extend the whole panel a little bit. Surely worth doing!
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @chimeric
    Customizable Skill/Action bars has been a requested feature since the EE's began.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    My understanding is that those gaps are there to match F-keyboard buttons, for those who use them for actionbar. Visually, I dislike it, in my mods I always bring the buttons together.
    The current state of actionbar buttons is that they are hardcoded as hell. They are pretty much same as they were in vanilla games and nothing can be done about that with modding. I don't dare to predict if a softcoding of this bit is ever going to happen, but I guess I'm more sceptical.
    Anyway, maximum default width for the actionbar (for 4/3 scaled interface) is 864 pixels, which is room for 16 slots (15+quick loot which is three more). If the softcoding happened, beamdog could make all 16 fit there, though it might be tricky to find default functions for them. I guess the default arrangement would stay with the new ability to right-click the button to assign a new function to it and a possibility to mod in many more slots.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Where are my slots, where are my sloooots!