Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Looking difficult for you Corey. :(
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Just rolled a "100" while rolling a David Warner Cavalier.

Does this ever happen? (My first, I rarely remember exceeding 90 or some such.)

I think Tymora wants me to play this charname.
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2016
    That is an unbelievable roll... but your F/T is suffering from "experiments" ... don't leave him caged!! He might run into a lich in a closet in Athkatla in the near future... but don't leave him to the exile!
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    I can tell you @Ygramul that other people have done a natural 100 as well, but yes it is rare.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

That is an unbelievable roll... but your F/T is suffering from "experiments" ... don't leave him caged!! He might run into a lich in a closet in Athkatla in the near future... but don't leave him to the exile!

Errr... but... but... what about the charismatic voice.

(If *I* was my charname, I probably would have taken one of several suggestions by the Hooded Figure/Irenicus, uttering "Go on, I'm listening...".)
    edited October 2016
    I've always wondered what the game would be like if you could ally with enemies... help Sarevok start a war and pile up carnage... That would be a mod to program. At the very least, fewer games would end in the Ducal Palace, since you could help kill Belt and Liia! Then you could join with the Shining Lady to lay waste to the Sword Coast before Irenicus interrupts the party...

The Exile is harder to imagine cooperating with, since he's so selfish. (If memory serves. I have only made it to BG2 once since I started attempting no-reloads.)

I vote F/T loose in Athkatla! Your 100 point charname isn't going anywhere in the meantime ;)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Ygramul said:

I'm green with jealousy:mrgreen:. Despite doing more natural rolling than any half-dozen 'normal' players I've never hit 3 figures ...

The Exile is harder to imagine cooperating with, since he's so selfish.

I don't know about that. There are lots of references to Irenicus trying to get you to embrace your inner powers - I don't see why you can't work with him to do that (obviously with the intention of double-crossing him at some stage) :smile:.

edited October 2016
    Grond0 said:

1,440 darts carried out of Candlekeep

Epic. Long live Freya!
    Ygramul said:

I once rolled 103. High rolls are easier for cleric/ranger, fighter/mage/thief and paladins due to the minimum rolls that you can have for some attributes.

For those classes 90 is not at all hard to roll. For other classes 90 can be exceedingly difficult.
    Jared4242 said:

Cedvar's tale came to an abrupt end.

While passing through a forest in Siege, three stray critical hits from three random orcs all found their mark. One second he had near perfect health, the next he was dead. But a death is a death, and the run must end.

I'll attempt again with a new class. I really enjoyed Cedvar, it'll be hard moving on T.T

That IS hard luck. :(
    Goibinu for the throne!!
    Ah I see @Blind_Visionary Goibinu is your entrant! Enuhal's is Goibiniu, I think Goibiniu should take the throne...
    Haha, I guess I can't spell... Go @Enuhal is what I mean!
    Give yourself some credit @Blind_Visionary you spell pretty good for someone who is blind!
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 946
    It's neither Goibinu nor Goibiniu, but Goibniu ;)

The name is strange, I know. It's been assigned to the character via the random name generator which I use for my randomized party challenges (I task it with assigning random mythological names, and they can be from any mythology, which is why there also are roman, greek, germanic, egyptian and welsh names in the party). It's the name of a smithing god in irish mythology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goibniu).

Enuhal
    I see..guess I'll need to change my name to blind_corey_russell - was funny was I was staring at it extra hard to try not to misspell it. :)
    Welcome, @alceryes! I'm excited to see where Magastar is headed!
    Best of luck @alceryes and enjoy the experience :)