Skip to content

I Was Able To Give Edwin..............

A Pointy Hat.

This has made me ridiculously happy.

One Day........One Day...............he will kick Elminster's arse and that stupid epitath will change.
ThacoBellKuronaloliensarevok57mashedtatersSethDavisKrotosnamarieJuliusBorisov

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I'm not sure Rincewind is quite the Wizzard Edwin aspires to be, although it is certainly a more attainable goal.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    There is a pointy hat in the game? Where? How does it look?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

There is a pointy hat in the game? Where? How does it look?

Use the Spectacles of Spectacle in the Coalition Camp to summon Nazramu the genie merchant. He'll sell you a Wizzard Hat. It's ... er ... pointy ... sort of conical.
    Sir_Dahaka
  • Sir_DahakaSir_Dahaka Member Posts: 23
    T

this one!
    hat.jpg 285.5K
    DullSkullTheSecondJuliusBorisov
  • Sir_DahakaSir_Dahaka Member Posts: 23
    But the crown you find somewhere has better stats and makes your mage feel like a king/queen.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    How does it look in-game? Other than Elminsters hat I don't think I've seen any "pointy hat" models
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @DullSkullTheSecond

It doesn't show up, which is disappointing.

But then it isn't very stylish, pretty sure Edwin would prefer it to be invisible. Just smug about having one that E doesn't know about.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52

But the crown you find somewhere has better stats and makes your mage feel like a king/queen.

You can always bring Baeloth the Idiotainer and give him the crown...

Yes Baeloth probably doesn't need those extra spell slots and Edwin would certainly benefit more from the crown due to the flexibility afforded by wizard spell list, but hey you already have two of the game's most OP arcane spellcasters in the party, you can basically faceroll any encounter anyways, might as well enjoy the hilarity.
    @namarie

I do actually have Baeloth in party as well, it is actually quite ridiculous (and wands.......fully charged wands)

But in my defense, playing on "insane" and nobody is particularly good at getting up close and painfully personal with any of the big mobs I keep on encountering.

I would like a single opponent, big arcane fight at some point because the two wizards are currently complaining about having a huge arsenal at their disposal which they never get to showcase, it's all just a bit "light the blue touchpaper and retire" at the moment.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52

@namarie

I do actually have Baeloth in party as well, it is actually quite ridiculous (and wands.......fully charged wands)

But in my defense, playing on "insane" and nobody is particularly good at getting up close and painfully personal with any of the big mobs I keep on encountering.

I would like a single opponent, big arcane fight at some point because the two wizards are currently complaining about having a huge arsenal at their disposal which they never get to showcase, it's all just a bit "light the blue touchpaper and retire" at the moment.

I actually find Baeloth and Edwin better at dealing with mobs (both have Emotion: Hopelessness, Glitterdust, and Web for control, Skull Traps and Fireball for damage. Edwin also has Cloudkill.) In my playthrough they weren't terribly effective against liches (not without cheese anyways), while they are absolutely devastating in all of the mass combats, which SoD have a lot...

Also since you are playing on insane...
    Have you infiltrated the Dragonspear castle basement yet?
    @namarie

Yes, loved it.

But it took more than a few tries to keep everybody alive. And I am overpowered. Imported having played BG solo before picking anybody up, then played the rest of the game with a small party and removed level cap.
    Cheating....who mentioned the word cheating, lol.

Though by mistake I initially imported charname on their own and so had the default made up party for the first dungeon.
    I found it frustratingly impossible, Neera as the only spellcaster???
    Figured what I'd done wrong, restarted with my proper "crew" and of course their lovely, lovely gear.......

Then they left........devestated to lose Kivan.........and Corwin is considered a replacement?
    Purleese, I can understand Kivan being slightly dour and humourless (understatement) but WTF is her excuse?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why is Neera being the only spellcaster a problem? She is very effective.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I now have a hilarious mental image of Edwin smugly saying he's surpassed Elminster now that he has a pointy hat (which no one can see) and the party thinking he's delusional. In fact, that's my new personal headcanon.

Thankfully Elminster also has his pipe. Without it Edwin might be getting too many ideas about how strong he really is :)
    Montresor_SP
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2016
    elminster said:

I now have a hilarious mental image of Edwin smugly saying he's surpassed Elminster now that he has a pointy hat (which no one can see) and the party thinking he's delusional. In fact, that's my new personal headcanon.

Thankfully Elminster also has his pipe. Without it Edwin might be getting too many ideas about how strong he really is :)
    Don't you also get a copy of Elminster's pipe in the Sahuagin City? :P
    Gallowglass