Skip to content

Multi-class and finding Baeloth

Hi people,

Quick question, am i right in thinking that as my cleric/mage I need to achieve 5/5 to find the master of the pits? I guess it's alot easier as a single class?

Thanks

Comments

• ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    As I recall, you only need to reach level 5 in one of your classes to find him. Given that you are a cleric/mage, that will be when you are cleric 5/mage 4.
    RagingOrc
  • RagingOrcRagingOrc Member Posts: 63
    Cool thank you for the info :)
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2016
    Which map is the encounter? Does it matter when you find him in regard to his skills?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2016
    yksimalt said:

Which map is the encounter? Does it matter when you find him in regard to his skills?

You find him at the old tower at the southern edge of Larswood. I think his level depends on your level but I'm not sure.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited October 2016
    He won't appear unless you're level 5 or higher.
    I see.

Is he better encounter at level 5 or higher levels?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I think he is the same no matter when you encounter him.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    It's (almost?) always better to get companions at the lowest possible level. This allows you to customize them more to your taste and limits the computers ability to select profs and spells that you would never have picked up.
    TressetMontresor_SP
    edited October 2016
    Yes, but Baeloth comes with a wide range of spells, does he not?

And those spells one is not allowed to alter nor decide which to memorize etc, is that not so?
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I believe 2.x changed the way NPCs progress if they join you at higher levels. Now they get experience and you level them up manually. Traditional mages get mysterious bonus spells but maybe Baeloth can choose his spells.
    TressetMontresor_SP
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    yksimalt said:

Yes, but Baeloth comes with a wide range of spells, does he not?

And those spells one is not allowed to alter nor decide which to memorize etc, is that not so?

Yes.
    All the more reason to get him at the lowest possible level so that when he does level up YOU get to pick his new spells, not the computer.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2016
    The game will actually summon NPCs at their lowest level version (which is not always level 1) and then raise their XP up to 32,000, depending on whether your character has reached certain XP thresholds (2,000 / 4,000 / 8,000 / 16,000 / 32,000).

In the case of Baeloth, I'm almost sure that he will join at level 6 no matter what, so there's no customizing his spells before that. However, his default selection leaves nothing to desire and is mostly useful spells, unless you avoid using the Invocation school (and why would you with a guy like Baeloth around?).

Edit: oh gawds necro I didn't realize before
    JuliusBorisovlolienrandyhermit
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Baeloth wikia says lv5+ is required, but I recall meeting him at earlier level/exp, I maybe wrong or they changed that after 2.0.
    Baeloth's stats is same whenever you recruit him.