Skip to content

Identify items

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Help! Is there in SOD an NPC that can identify items? I do not have any bard in my party and need an NPC which could be paid.

Comments

• Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Identify is a first level spell, so any mage or sorcerer can cast it. You can also bring items to Belegarm (I think is his name... The merchant that travels with the camp) and he'll identify pretty much anything for 100 gold.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Papa_Lou said:

Identify is a first level spell, so any mage or sorcerer can cast it. You can also bring items to Belegarm (I think is his name... The merchant that travels with the camp) and he'll identify pretty much anything for 100 gold.

Note, that Edwin cannot however. Being a Conjurer is kinda annoying.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Eventually Edwin's Lore will be high enough for him to identify most items though. Thieves (e.g. Safana) also get decent lore. There are also some +lore items that can be equipped.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    There is also an item available fairly early on that can automatically identify any item 3 times per day.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Tresset said:

There is also an item available fairly early on that can automatically identify any item 3 times per day.

Uuyy, can I get that item although I am already in chapter 10?
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Bring a bard!
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    fetito666 said:

Tresset said:

You can with the limited wish spell. Ask for "I wish to see all as it really is"
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    fetito666 said:

Tresset said:

The item I was thinking of is available only in chapter 8 as far as I know. As for Limited Wish, I was unaware this spell worked in SoD... and that you could get to a high enough level to cast it. Perhaps @Daevelon is thinking of BG2:EE?
    DaevelonJuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You could go to camp, swap the bard into your party, identify your loot, then swap him back out again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Tresset said:

fetito666 said:

Tresset said:

The item I was thinking of is available only in chapter 8 as far as I know. As for Limited Wish, I was unaware this spell worked in SoD... and that you could get to a high enough level to cast it. Perhaps @Daevelon is thinking of BG2:EE?
    Indeed, i opened many topics and i didn't realize it was SoD :s