Skip to content

BG2EE version - which one is ok?

Hello guys,
I hope i am not posting something that is already here. I am experiencing a few strange things during my gameplay, and I would like to ask if anyone had the same experience. And if yes - what patch helped.
- graphical glitches - in the Game menu screen (I will post screenshot later when I am at home) the radial menu is showing strange "tiles" with totally unfitting background. Also ingame, in character inventory screens, various weapon/equipment slots have strange "graphic" under them.
- sometimes when I load up a quicksave, my main character (sometimes also the other "main" character that I created in MP and imported in SP) gets completely healed. I know I should be glad for that...but I´m not.
- I dont see Watchers Keep on my SOA world map

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks for any hints!

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What platform and what game version are you on?
  • HaploDaPatrynHaploDaPatryn Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2016

What platform and what game version are you on?

Windows XP SP 3, game version 2.2030
    And - the screenshots I promised:

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Are you by chance still running v1.2.2030? That version is already three years old and buggy.

Current version is v2.3.67.3 and contains lots of improvements and bugfixes. I don't know if it still fully supports Windows XP though. Latest pre-2.0 version is v1.3.2064, but afaik you can only get it via Steam anymore.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2016
    You should update to 2.3 and check to see if you still have this issue.

Also what kind of graphics card are you using? Also (regarding Watcher's Keep) are you using an older save file/what mods are you running?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    argent77 said:

Are you by chance still running v1.2.2030? That version is already three years old and buggy.

Current version is v2.3.67.3 and contains lots of improvements and bugfixes. I don't know if it still fully supports Windows XP though.

The latest version supports Windows XP, no problem (can confirm it myself).
    I am not sure about the graphics card - but BG1EE ran absolutely ok without any graphical glitches. But I will check tomorrow.
    I have no mods installed, I am playing vanilla (well, if you can say that about enhanced edition:))
    I am not sure what do you mean by older save file - I imported my chars from first BG to new MP game (as I have 2 custom made chars), and then copied the save to SP folder so I can reload faster.
    Maybe someone can confirm if this is the reason...