Comments

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Well that was just a bit metal.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Well that was just a bit metal.

Orkz iz made for rokkin!
    KamigoroshiBelleSorciereNimran
    I heard alot of people are bitching about the graphics and animation of the game.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    People do that with every game. I'm looking forward to this!
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    I'm glad that Angelos, Macha and Gorgutz are back but it sucks tha there are only three factions. I would love me some Tau.
    Nimran
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Not a big fan of WH, but I can comment on the music.

It's quite a nice simple beat, even if very generic. Decent texture, too. That piece is certainly a bit more adventurous than most of the bland orchestral dung most games are teeming with nowadays. Obviously, nowhere near the legendary tunes from the golden age of videogame music. Take, for example:

My pal Nathan had, like, two dozen sounds to work with. He had to shove his heart and soul in there to craft a melody this powerful. Today, with a limitless array of sound samples, comfy chairs and salaries, many game composers just put together lots of 'epic-sounding shit', with little regard to what the soundtrack is even intended for. I guess you all know examples of games with this sort of music, and how awkward it feels :smirk:

Bonus: a very short interview with Stewart Copeland on how he created truly badass music for Spyro. It's worth more than fifteen years of masterclasses with Hans Zimmer if you ask me.
    JuliusBorisov