Skip to content

Mac and Windows multiplayer with same game copy?

Zendog7Zendog7 Member Posts: 31
Hi all,

Hope you can help me.

I'd like to introduce my gf to the game, she uses a mac and I use a windows 7 laptop. Now, I just started to dl the game onto her mac from my account, and it seems I don't need to buy the game a 2nd time to do this? (Or maybe I do and i'm not that far into the process yet)?

My question is, if I dl the game from my acc (without paying) onto her mac, will the fact that they're not separate licences stop us from being able to multiplayer?

My internet is so slow, that I don't want to 'just try' it, because in reality thats a 6 hour experiment, 12 if it doesn't work and i have to purchase separately for her.

Thanks in advance =)

Comments

• raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    edited October 2016
    I'm also curious about this. Can you play cross-platform with PC and Mac (direct connection)?

Edit: Same copy should be fine, as long as it's not bought on Steam, afaik.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    There're separate versions for Mac and Windows, they can't change each other.

If you two have the same OS, however, it's possible to play together with copies of the same game installed on each device.