Skip to content

Irenicus Dungeon Genies randomly spawning around! Wtf?!

KheronKheron Member Posts: 13
What is up with this weird bug? every now and then, the Genie from the Irenicus' dungeon spawns randomly.

eg: I opened a door to a guest room in copper coronet and it was FULL of those annoying Genies that initiate dialog with you right away. Like 12 genies or so.

Then they might just spawn when you enter a new city area, just standing there on the street hollering at you about your lost weapon.

That's getting really annoying, anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What platform and OS are you on?
    Did you install any mods?
  • KheronKheron Member Posts: 13
    BG2:EE, Windows 10. I have the gibberling's tweaks anthology installed, but not really anything else. I take it doesn't happen to others huh?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    If you are playing in multiplayer without any clients, please copy your save from the mpsave folder to the save folder and continue in single player. Continuing your game in multiplayer will likely increase the number of clones as the game progresses.
    I already did that, but the genies keep spawning.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Switching won't remove already-spawned creatures, but should prevent more from arriving. If you are still seeing increasing numbers, they will need to be removed by editing a save, e.g. in NearInfinity or DLTCEP.
    Well they are harmless aside from the annoying auto-dialog they initiate. I just don't understand by what logic they spawn! :D It is so random! Like that room that was filled to the brim with them. They might also spawn in an area you already visited so it's not just in new areas.