Skip to content

wtf Dradeel...

I...I'm still speechless even though it happened 10mins ago lol ...I am playing through on minimal reload only had to reload once when my pc died agges ago, I'm at the end of BG1 just doing the werewolf isle before I go n finish off sarevok...I'm in Dradeel's house n thought I'd be a little comical about my approach and said something along the lines of "wearing a bib would probably help you avoid them stains" and Dradeel replies with a defensive remark as though I'd challenged him to a deathmatch and then goes hostile and explodes in a blue sunfire-like spell that killed my character and half my party....wtf Dradeel!?

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Drops a robe of the neutral arch magi though, if playing the party of infinite spell casting.

There are 6 robes of the Arch Magi in EE (including this one), for the determined spell-slingers out there, although this is an interesting challenge for such a party.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I wouldn't say he's as tough as Drizzt or Shandalar. He can easily take your party down with him, but he's not hard to kill.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Hmmm ... I knew about Selune's Curse, but I hadn't heard about Selune's Blade and Selune's Blessing. Thanks for that, @Tresset.

I guess this means that a "Priest of Selune" kit would be ridiculously over-powered ... especially since it can evidently be multi-classed with Mage, unlike other Cleric kits!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

I wouldn't say he's as tough as Drizzt or Shandalar. He can easily take your party down with him, but he's not hard to kill.

Yeah, I didn't say he was tough to kill, I just said he was crazy to kill. He does often suicide himself with Selunes Curse so he is certainly easier to kill, but I believe he is also more dangerous to fight than Shandalar (though not more dangerous than Drizzt).
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Cadderly is also another less known super character. -20 AC mage with some good XP
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Well Cadderly is the Chosen of Deneir and is a powerful protagonist in his own book series. But he is NOT a mage, but a cleric.

I loved Selune's Curse blue fireball effect and wanted to use it as a kit power for ages.
    @lunar Wanna have some fun? Try the following console command while your character has an enemy in sight!

C:Eval("ActionOverride(Player1,ForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),\'dradeel_blue_fireball\'))")
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    ^ I would not recommend attempting this in closed quarters. Like Fireball, Selune's Curse is not party friendly.
    Yeah, but I can fix that... Try this one then:

C:Eval("ActionOverride(player1,ForceSpellPoint([X.Y],\'dradeel_blue_fireball\'))")

Just replace the "X" and "Y" with the x,y coordinates of where you want the spell to go. You can find these easily by pressing the X key with your cursor where you want the spell to go. This one actually works at any range.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Cool! I mostly play on Ipad nowadays when I have the time, so I can not do this. I can give my pc the innate ability via eekeeper and transfer the file to my Ipad, however. :)
    iPads always ruin my fun...

@lunar The spell you want is spwi953.spl
    edited November 2016

Hey, that's not as bad as the Archdruid of Cloakwood being worth ... 125.

Nit picking here, but there are two Archdruids of Cloakwood... There is Seniyad, who is from the traditional order of druids, and Amarande who is from the shadow druid sect. I know you are referring to Amarande, but I don't like shadow druids because they are mean. I hope people don't forget that he is not the one and only archdruid of Cloakwood.

But enough of me going on a tangent...
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    lunar said:

Cool! I mostly play on Ipad nowadays when I have the time, so I can not do this. I can give my pc the innate ability via eekeeper and transfer the file to my Ipad, however. :)

Never trust Tresset and his commands.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I guess the other, other superfoes are Ulraunt and Tethtoril, the former not being that dangerous but having ridiculous HP and AC while the latter is arbitrarily immune to damage. And they both seem to have 100% magic resistance.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Tethy also casts an instakill spell on you.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Scar is also immune to everything except Magic Missile but if you lower his saving throws you could maybe have some effect stick. He also has over 900 HP and with 25 CON he probably regenerates too.

Across the entire saga I think Tethoril is the strongest character though. He could solo Ascension in LoB mode without losing a single hit point...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

I guess the other, other superfoes are Ulraunt and Tethtoril, the former not being that dangerous but having ridiculous HP and AC while the latter is arbitrarily immune to damage. And they both seem to have 100% magic resistance.

These are plot characters, and were designed to be unkillable, but it's not supposed to have anything to do with their actual power, so I don't really see the point of saying "that one is super-strong because he is immune to everything"
    There are so many of them. Take Durlag's ghost, or his sword or his wife, they are litterally unkillable as well.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Arunsun said:

These are plot characters, and were designed to be unkillable, but it's not supposed to have anything to do with their actual power, so I don't really see the point of saying "that one is super-strong because he is immune to everything"
    There are so many of them. Take Durlag's ghost, or his sword or his wife, they are litterally unkillable as well.

It's a little weird, though, since that's what Biff the Understudy was supposed to be for, for one thing. For another, they didn't entirely succeed in making them unkillable, Ulraunt isn't even close to impossible, just tediously hard, and Tethtoril can be imprisoned if you contrive your way into being able to do that. But most of all, the game just ignores their deaths if you do them in, and has them pop up again later as if nothing happened, so what's even the point?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Speaking of Biff, I read on TvTropes it's possible to have him join the party by killing certain characters. Can anyone confirm?
    Kurona said:

Speaking of Biff, I read on TvTropes it's possible to have him join the party by killing certain characters. Can anyone confirm?

@Kurona That would have been in vBG1 only. I imagine if you, say, ctrl-y Montaron and spoke to Xzar then Biff would appear to fill in for his lines and then he would join you at the end of the dialog. I believe they stopped using Biff to fill in for lines in vBG2 and he is certainly no longer used for it in the EEs. It is not possible anymore.
    Biff is still used in multiplayer EE

my friend lives continents away and the massive lag and delays sometimes cause monsters that chase us in area transitions to turn into biffs, though it's merely in appearance only (stats untouched)

my friend lives continents away and the massive lag and delays sometimes cause monsters that chase us in area transitions to turn into biffs, though it's merely in appearance only (stats untouched)

That is more of a bug than an intended behavior.
    Tresset said:

That is more of a bug than an intended behavior.
    is it now? that seems like the engine somehow loses the appearance of a monster clientside and immediately reverts to Biff to prevent a crash. I'd wager that's certainly fulfilling its purpose