Skip to content

Weird dialogue problem, BG1NPC Project

Hello, I've just installed BGEE and the BG1NPC Project and I've already come across a really weird problem. My problems begin as soon as Imoen joins my party, because her dialogue isn't right. She will say the weirdest things in other peoples voices, like "Die demon!" in an old mans voice. Also, whenever I speak with another NPC they act as they are talking to Imoen and I have to respond as her, if that makes sense. For example, when I meet Xzar this happens:

Xzar: Indeed, I can offer you...."
Imoen: Wait! Hold your attack and I can do the same.
... Then i can answer.
And when I have responded for the last time, this happens:
Imoen: No mercy! Die, demon! (In a mans voice)

How do I fix this weird problem of mine. What have I done wrong? BG1NPC Project is the only mod I've installed.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Did you start the game before or after installing the mod?
  • Lieflik1Lieflik1 Member Posts: 4
    Well, since I've had BGEE installed on my computer before and just reinstalled it (through steam by the way) I think I installed the mod before starting the game. Could this be the source of the problem?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2016
    Did you use modmerge?
    Girewan
    I didn't. I simply followed the instructions in the readme to the BG1NPC Project.
    The problem has now been fixed and I am no longer in need of assistance. Embarrassingly enough I thought that the mod being supportive of EE meant that modmerge was not needed, which of course was incorrect.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Glad you got it sorted out :smile:
    Lieflik1